The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I Ran The Texas Mile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had a blast.

Check out Texasmile.net

You have to qualify for unlimited speed by running between 140-160 mph on first run (or as many times as it takes)

Ran 144.8. I was in 5th @7000 and the speedo was 150-155. Stayed there too long; shifted to 6th and finished at 144.8, which was exactly what I needed to get my pass to run faster. Conditions were 77* and very little wind.

I was shocked at how the Boss handled at that speed. No fighting the wheel; didn't feel "lighter", just stayed right on course and "sat down" on the track!!! Exciting, to say the least.

Next run we had about a 25 mph headwind. I did 138 @ 1/2 mile post and 152.7 @ mile. I really don't know how much that headwind hindered, but it felt really different than the first run.

Saw a few Bosses; (didn't get their speeds) all kinds of fast cars though. It was a great experience.

sorry for the double image of the Speed Slip; I tried to just add one; but.....

Image_zpsc7d80805.jpg

That's awesome. They have the Mojave Mile here in CA and I've been wanting to give that a shot. Our cars are aerodynamic bricks but I thought it would gain a bit more speed in the second half mile.

I fixed the link for you.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel