The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I see IRL is taking a cue from NASCAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I thought it was a decent race. Though there were a lot of needless "incidents". I guess rich kid racers don't care what the carnage is if dad is picking up the bills. Until it comes to someone's life that is. A couple of those "incidents" were pretty damn bad.
There did seem to be a hell of a lot more contact between cars than I recall in past years. Indycar needs to sit these rich kid racers down and give them holy hell about respect between drivers.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
They really needed to throw that last red flag a lap earlier, so they could do the normal full-lap warmup before going green. It would have let them pull all the cars into pit lane and park instead of threading through wrecked cars and workers on the front straight.

I think as soon as they didn't immedately throw that red, they should have let it finish under yellow. Ericsson would have made an extra $420,000 over the winner's purse for the repeat bonus, so that was a huge payout swing for his team.

If they had a normal warm-up lap, Ferrucci may have challenged for the win. He had been a demon on most restarts (the previous restart he was nose-to-nose with 1st & 2nd by start-finish at the green flag), but on the last one he seemed to drop back unexpectedly. Though I may be biased because he's from CT.

TMO Supporting Vendors