The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I shall call it....Zeus...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decided to start a thread on my newly acquired '17 GT. I plan on first just using the car as is to learn to drive better, and along the way fix/upgrade as needed.

Update 28 December 2016.
Baseline dyno check:
36958af930350e95a020b471d3d89c2b.jpg

Then this:
c65e01aa13b3ea13571bad1a5087c24d.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hmm........good choice , but from the Land of the Vikings , where the term " Hammer Time," originated, I do believe you should call this Thor... god of Thunder from farther North .

Zeus , Greek god of Sky and Thunder , sure, but Thor got more chicks --just what I heard ,ha.

Bill Pemberton said:
Hmm........good choice , but from the Land of the Vikings , where the term " Hammer Time," originated, I do believe you should call this Thor... god of Thunder from farther North .

Zeus , Greek god of Sky and Thunder , sure, but Thor got more chicks --just what I heard ,ha.
I agree, but we were going for Zeus and Roxanne. It's a movie title from back in the 90's. Because my wife named her car Roxanne.

I was leaning towards Thor in the beginning though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dyno check.
2432fa185359fe926640866858b1bc9b.jpg
Though there were some issues with the dyno when we got there, (2 hour wait time) we got it strapped down and ran it a couple times. The tach pickup didn't work so that's why it's in mph.

Did some work on a "track" grille this weekend.
69b04f9b34aa123af04dc40b2a9c578a.jpg
Also, these came in the mail today.
cac93e53f4d9839b1b54452a2ec20379.jpg

I found this video of an s550 at sebring. Seems like cooling mods may need to be addressed as well.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Leech:

That was a good find, thanks for posting. I noticed his in car camera mocked with the drivers helmet which was very interesting. Wondering how he pulled that one off. I will say this, the Mustang Laddie can drive!

302 Hi Pro

How do you like the feel? Collapsing the spring with wire is effective but you can do the same with a zip tie.

I haven't driven it yet. I chose safety wire because I didn't trust the cheap zip ties I had.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Initial impression is.... this should have been the spring that came in the car from the factory. Pedal feel is much better with no "pop-over". Pedal pressure is slightly increased, but not too bad.

LERCH

Got my cradle lock-out kit installed over the weekend. It really helps stiffen the rear of the car.

Also, everyone should check out the documentaries: "the 24 hour war" and "return". They are free on Amazon prime tv.

LERCH

Last edited:
Decided to pick this up today. Since I can't go to the track in the near future, I'll start reading these books.d5d2dbe42de2e0e34bdb3f077bedc02a.jpg

Let me know how you like that book. I have his Professional Race Driving Techniques and didn't get much out of it. In fact I didn't think much of his writing style either. Then I met him last year at a track day with Hooked on Driving. He was very nice and and an engaging speaker. He came across much better in person. @SDS participated in his program that weekend and really enjoyed it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel