The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I sold the Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You tracked the boss, you know how pricey it is to maintain it as a track car and a DD.
I say you got out at the right time, before "investing" a lot of money into it. My advice, pay off the fit then look for a smaller, more affordable toy. Make sure you don't drive by the dealer you traded the boss in!

If you didn't have some regrets you would make Spock jealous. You made the correct logical decision. And you got a good trade-in value IMO. Live long and prep a track beater over the winter :)

Track worry-free and often VS stressed and seldom. Seems like those are the two options I would most worry about before you make another decision.

WinterSucks said:
If you didn't have some regrets you would make Spock jealous. You made the correct logical decision. And you got a good trade-in value IMO. Live long and prep a track beater over the winter :)

Track worry-free and often VS stressed and seldom. Seems like those are the two options I would most worry about before you make another decision.

Good approach.
At the moment of regret, I said to myself, screw collectibility and crying for a unique car, just drive the Boss to the ground and enjoy the life...life is too short.
Having said that, I made the right decision selling the boss based on my current circumstance.

That's what dealers do. I had a bought from new '12 GT and had it for about 4 months when I found my '12 Kona Boss with 2500 miles on it. (This was in '12). They beat me up on the trade in, but in the end I got a Boss. Thought about selling it, but my real life boss (wife) said no way. I've had numerous mustangs and a vette when I bumped my head, but I like the Boss even better now I Do Not have to daily drive it. Keep your Fit and look around for a while. Don't bury yourself in a huge payment. The pricing of yours is interesting, because out here in CA the prices seemed to be going down to high 30's 6 months ago and now are creeping into the low 40's again. I suspect when the '15 mustangs really get into the market a lot of Gt's and possibly Boss's will be up for sale. Good luck and think long term. You'll be happier.

at 37K with the miles it had you got a good deal. I just bought a 2013 SBY with 3,050 miles for $39k you probably made the best choice. Trying to DD a Boss in the winter would suck, and you wouldn't be happy.

***UPDATES***

The Boss is back!

I got it back today for $38K including 2 brand new front tires!

The Fit is gone.

I will DD the Boss and in severe snowy days, I will use my wife's SUV.

Will put on the Boss 17x8 +53 STI BBS forged wheels wrapped with Blizzaks LM60, I have them in my basement from the days I used to have the STI. I hope they can clear the brembos, since the STI also had 4 pistons brembo brakes.

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" Vaas

Welcome back!

HAHAHAHA this is something I see myself doing!

Now we're going to have to treat you like a new owner and a member. Make sure you check out the stickies for basic information about your new purchase :p

The funny part is I even forgot to reinstall the 25mm RSB and forgot the owner kit and certificate with me, as if I knew she will be back soon ::)

Sure enough, Wednesday I betrayed her and the very next Wednesday she was back.

TMO Supporting Vendors