The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I swapped an S550 Rear Subframe into my SN95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK so why the S550 instead of the Cobra IRS that came in the car? I realize that the s550 is superior, but I'm also pretty sure the SN95 Cobra unit can be made to work extremely well with the FTBR parts. {done it}
Also, we're trying to drum up more stuff in the sn95 forums, maybe it should be there instead?
BTW I love the tram bar

OK so why the S550 instead of the Cobra IRS that came in the car? I realize that the s550 is superior, but I'm also pretty sure the SN95 Cobra unit can be made to work extremely well with the FTBR parts. {done it}
Also, we're trying to drum up more stuff in the sn95 forums, maybe it should be there instead?
BTW I love the tram bar
Easy to find for much cheaper. Complete subframe ready to go with 3.55's was like $600. Plus its a unique swap so just wanted to do it. Kinda like when I did the 3.5 EcoBoost swap back in 2016. And like you mentioned, from what I could gather, its just a better subframe/rearend.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel