The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I vowed my next ride would be a lot less noticeable in traffic..which 2013 Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJWANNABE said:
ace72ace said:
Stealth-ifying the Boss seems to be another example of 'doing it wrong'. Buy a track pack GT and go from there. My 2c.

This. A 2013 GT in Sterling Gray with tech package, track package, and Recaros. Throw on a FRPP power pack and adjustable suspension pack and you are even closer to a Boss than a '12 with BBP. If I can get this on X-plan and 0% financing I may end up trading in the '12.

Yea, that is a cool way to get close to a Boss....I get A-plan, so I've figured around $40k for one with options I like. I am wondering if I could mod a GT to include the Boss side exhaust easily? What looks great about these new Stangs is you can keep the car almost completely stock and enjoy the hell out of it. Not to mention, most of the mods are a lot cheaper than on my vette... where coilovers are $1500, catback exhaust $1200, SS headers $1500 as examples...we call it the corvette tax... BTW, what is FRPP? Cold air intake maybe?

jerry carguy said:
PJWANNABE said:
ace72ace said:
Stealth-ifying the Boss seems to be another example of 'doing it wrong'. Buy a track pack GT and go from there. My 2c.

This. A 2013 GT in Sterling Gray with tech package, track package, and Recaros. Throw on a FRPP power pack and adjustable suspension pack and you are even closer to a Boss than a '12 with BBP. If I can get this on X-plan and 0% financing I may end up trading in the '12.

Yea, that is a cool way to get close to a Boss....I get A-plan, so I've figured around $40k for one with options I like. I am wondering if I could mod a GT to include the Boss side exhaust easily? What's looks great about these new Stangs is you can keep the car almost completely stock and enjoy the hell out of it. Not to mention, most of the mods are a lot cheaper than on my vette... where coilovers are $1500, catback exhaust $1200, SS headers $1500 as examples...we call it the corvette tax... BTW, what is FRPP? Cold air intake maybe?
FRPP is Ford Racing Performance Parts. If you wanted to get a GT remember the GT doesnt have the same engine as the Boss meaning no forged internals. If you get the GT and want the Boss side pipes you can get it at americanmuscle.com http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-quad-exhaust-1113gt.html

You can get the pipes cheaper on other sites, I think I saw them as low as $600 when I was trying to talk my friend into getting them.

GA
Boss240 said:
jerry carguy said:
PJWANNABE said:
ace72ace said:

Yea, that is a cool way to get close to a Boss....I get A-plan, so I've figured around $40k for one with options I like. I am wondering if I could mod a GT to include the Boss side exhaust easily? What's looks great about these new Stangs is you can keep the car almost completely stock and enjoy the hell out of it. Not to mention, most of the mods are a lot cheaper than on my vette... where coilovers are $1500, catback exhaust $1200, SS headers $1500 as examples...we call it the corvette tax... BTW, what is FRPP? Cold air intake maybe?
FRPP is Ford Racing Performance Parts. If you wanted to get a GT remember the GT doesnt have the same engine as the Boss meaning no forged internals. If you get the GT and want the Boss side pipes you can get it at americanmuscle.com http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-quad-exhaust-1113gt.html

I am a big fan of the Boss and if I could afford a Boss I would definitely get one, but looking at it from a practical standpoint how many of us really need an engine as bullet proof as the Boss? The regular 5.0 it still pretty strong (and is the foundation of the Boss motor), so unless you are running endurance races the Boss engine is unnecessary overkill.

PJWANNABE said:
Boss240 said:
jerry carguy said:
PJWANNABE said:
ace72ace said:

I am a big fan of the Boss and if I could afford a Boss I would definitely get one, but looking at it from a practical standpoint how many of us really need an engine as bullet proof as the Boss? The regular 5.0 it still pretty strong (and is the foundation of the Boss motor), so unless you are running endurance races the Boss engine is unnecessary overkill.

Good point...if one is not planning on racing it, just want it for street....but, in the long run the Boss will most certainly hold it's value better than the GT. So, if you keep your cars a long time it makes sense to pay the piper now...

The color to NOT get is the Grabber Blue. It stands out a mile down the road, doesn't blend in with other cars at all. The GHIG is probably just as bad.

If you did stripe delete, white and dark blue would be best IMO.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Get a SBY one and then buy a little hand held stop sign at a school supply store. When coming to a red light, roll down the window and stick out the stop sign. Folks will just think you are a new rapid transit school bus -- great disguise.

Bill Pemberton said:
Get a SBY one and then buy a little hand held stop sign at a school supply store. When coming to a red light, roll down the window and stick out the stop sign. Folks will just think you are a new rapid transit school bus -- great disguise.

haha...not a bad idea! I can hear it now, "gee officer, it looked like a little schoolbus passing me so fast I couldn't say for sure...you know how these bus drivers drive around here!" ...hope you catch that SOB!"

TMO Supporting Vendors