The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I vowed my next ride would be a lot less noticeable in traffic..which 2013 Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes the stripes and hood decal can be removed. IMO white is the most stealth color.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
There's a pic of a nekkid white '12 Boss over on TMS if you go searching. If you want stealth, why not a track pack/recaro GT?

White isn't all that stealth either, I'm on my second white fun car and they draw a lot of attention. But unless you get a black LS without the stripes and don't put the splitter on, it is probably as stealthy as you can get. Even GTs and V6s are pretty formidable cars so hiding that it is a Boss isn't going to do much imo, especially with the side exhaust sound. I have seen more RR 13s than any other color by far here so that might actually be the most stealth in this area since there are so many GTs and V6s ;D

Yeah my white one gets attention, though not as much as my white Evo did. Unfortunately all the Evo attracted was teenage boys :(

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Gentlemen, what Boss is going to really be considered stealth? My silver Audi S4 with the original exhaust was stealth, thie Boss certainly is not, on the street or at the track. It's funny, but at the track my black LS gets so much attention that you can actually see the ego fueled P-car and Bimmer guys get a little peeved off. And then when you get them out on the track they become totally pissed off. ;D

If I had to guess I'd say white w/o stripes would be the 'most' stealth - as long as the engine isn't running.....

Pete,
Your bright red roof and C-stripe might have something to do with that. One of the reasons I went with the Black/Gray LS is to not visually scream "Speeder" from a mile down the road. Now audibly is another story. I'm sure it will actually scream.

Mike

I have the white and I hardly get any looks at all. If you did take off the stripes it would look pretty normal. You could cork the side pipes to quiet it down and you would be overlooked.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Stealth-ifying the Boss seems to be another example of 'doing it wrong'. Buy a track pack GT and go from there. My 2c.

If you are asking about
1. The 'regular' Boss 302 and not the Laguna Seca
2. Want to remain with the standard colors by not repainting
3. Stealth against the police

I suggest the Deep Impact Blue. It is, from what I have read in past years, the most friendly color to the police.

If you are open to repainting, which I believe you are not, I suggest more neutral and popular colors like silver, gray and also those colors used by retyred -type folks and their Crown Vics in the tan/sandy or light green colors.

The only other way to be stealthly is to blend in with the cars around you in speed, no fast moves, be polite - or just all-around intelligent driving.

Bossfan said:
If you are asking about
1. The 'regular' Boss 302 and not the Laguna Seca
2. Want to remain with the standard colors by not repainting
3. Stealth against the police

I suggest the Deep Impact Blue. It is, from what I have read in past years, the most friendly color to the police.

If you are open to repainting, which I believe you are not, I suggest more neutral and popular colors like silver, gray and also those colors used by retyred -type folks and their Crown Vics in the tan/sandy or light green colors.

The only other way to be stealthly is to blend in with the cars around you in speed, no fast moves, be polite - or just all-around intelligent driving.
DIB is not a Boss color for 2013.

thanks for the insights guys....I agree, it would be wrong to remove the stripes. Looks like there are several choices. only reason I bring this up is I really enjoy getting on it when the conditions are safe...there are areas out here in SE Michigan where I can accelerate to 90 or so quickly, then just back down....I love the pull in 3rd gear and I love to hear the pipes on my vette....i can imagine how cool it must be in a Boss with the side exhaust. Have you guys figured out a place to mount your Valentine detector? Also, anyone do a window tint yet? Let's see some pics...bet it looks killer!

Carguy

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
I wished you asked me this subject question much earlier! I am the world's greatest expert on this very question. The answer is quite simply you should have bought a Toyota Prius. Now watch...I am going to get flamed by someone here whose grandma owns one. So guys I'm counting on you all (yall in the South), please defend me. Let the flame begin. :)

MMD

GA
ace72ace said:
Stealth-ifying the Boss seems to be another example of 'doing it wrong'. Buy a track pack GT and go from there. My 2c.

This. A 2013 GT in Sterling Gray with tech package, track package, and Recaros. Throw on a FRPP power pack and adjustable suspension pack and you are even closer to a Boss than a '12 with BBP. If I can get this on X-plan and 0% financing I may end up trading in the '12.

06GT to 13LS said:
Pete,
Your bright red roof and C-stripe might have something to do with that. One of the reasons I went with the Black/Gray LS is to not visually scream "Speeder" from a mile down the road. Now audibly is another story. I'm sure it will actually scream.

Mike
Reminds me of the saying "You can't tell a book by its cover". Point: A car can look slow or fast, but it is what the driver does that counts.

TMO Supporting Vendors