The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I want to share....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A little lesson i learned today. A very painful one at that and one that if i had thought about it when i did it, i probably wouldn't have done. This is difficult to type for two reasons; one cause it is a tab embarrassing, two because use of my right index finger is severely degraded. Lets turn back the clock to two weeks ago at CMP. I was trying to record video with my gopro but my camera wouldn't stick to inside of the windshield for some reason. Think i need a new mount but i really want a Gopro hero 2. So in my search to record i had a novel idea. I'll use one of the sticky mounts and put it somewhere on the car. Didn't want to put it on any painted surface and couldn't put in on the front valence because of the tow hook. So i thought "hey lets put it on the windshield. It worked good and the video looked solid. Left it on there since then cause i never thought about it again. Fast forward to today. Its raining outside, i go to turn on the wipers and the jam up on the mount. So i hastily try to remove the mount. Its solid on there and its cold too. Then i remember i have my knife on me. Trying to remove it its on there pritty good. Then the knife slips closed right on my finger. Didn't really hurt surprisingly, just alot of blood. I still got it off, took a spoon out and got it off with that without further injury. So my lesson is learned, don't stick camera mounts where they interfere with moving parts. :-[

Laughs all around for everyone. If someone wants to make me feel better they can post similar stories. thanks for listening.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
When I was 11 yrs old I thought it would be good idea to saw off the head of one of my green army men with my Swiss Army knife on my bare knee. Hey, guess what? After the knife cut through the hard plastic, it also left a great bleeding gash in my kneecap, the scar of which I still have today. I was so embarrassed about the episode that I cleaned up all the bloody mess myself, and used all the band-aide's and surgical tape we happened to have in the house to cover the wound until it healed.

To this day, Mom doesn't know the truth...

Feel better? ::)

I'm not sure if this takes the cake or not but it was extremely dumb and painful, not for me but my brother...Here Goes:

So I'm 12 years old and decide that I am going to cast a plaster mold of my brothers face to do some special effects (I envisioned myself as a 12 year old Steven Spielberg). Anyway, my 9 year old brother agrees to do and I have the brilliant idea to use regular plaster and I jam two straws up his nose, so he can breathe of course. I then begin to pile on the plaster...and I mean pile it on. After a few minutes it is at least 2 inches thick on his face and I place cardboard around it to hold it in while it hardens. I neglected to put any type of lubrication on his face prior to plastering it...big mistake! Well, the plaster hardened and I go to pull it off and it won't budge at all. Plus my brother is starting to freak out since he's been enclosed in plaster for a few hours. So I start freaking out because I can't get it off and the harder I pull it is ripping at his facial skin, and all he can do is make some kind of muted grunt/scream since his mouth was shut. Anyway...ambulance gets called and the ER visit ensues. After sveral needles for the pain, they were able to break it up enough to rip it off...taking his eyebrows and eyelashes with it! Needless to say I was grounded for the rest of the summer.

Correct, i won't be making this mistake again. Thanks for the stories guys, it does help me see im not the only person who didn't think something through fully. :p

lol- retitle this thread!

I was building a guillows wooden model airplane as a boy. Had most of it together, but I needed to split a 1/4" down down the middle. So I'm holding the dowel in my left and - thumb right down the center - and the exacto knife in the center of the dowel up top with my right hand. As I apply pressure to the knife, it splits suddenly and the exacto ends up about 3/8" into my left thumb, just off center, right through the nail. I immediately run to the bathrooom and start running water over it. Anyone who has had a razor blade or exacto cut knows this thing is bleeding like a stuck pig. I'm watching the blood run down the sink thinking "wow thats a lot of blood". Two minutes later I wake up on the bathroom floor in a puddle of blood. Being that I'm like 12 or so - I fear my parents response so I get up, squeeze the $hit of of my severed thumb and apply a bandaid, no way I'm telling my folks what happened. Funny thing is I only ended up with a scar - never lost the nail - win!
Learned myself that day to always cut away from yourself.

I replaced a wooden garage door years back and it was late, and the kids were upstairs sleeping. So I figured I'd call it the night and finish hooking the rest up in the morning. Not thinking, I gave the door a little push to lower it and it took off like a freight train. I reached over to stop it so it wouldn't wake up my kids and a sharp edge nearly cut two of my fingers off. It was not a pretty site. I was bleeding like a stuck pig. I grabbed a couple of zip ties and pulled them tight around my fingers and taped a baggy over my hand for my trip to the ER. When I showed up there with a bloody baggy taped over my hand I got pretty prompt service. I didn't loose my fingers, but it hurt like hell for awhile. I guess that goes to show everyone has a duh moment. :)
BTW, I didn't wake up the kids but my wife was wide awake after that.

I have gotten superglue in places it was never meant to go, and appear to have starfish-like regenerative powers because I have accidentally chopped off a lot of skin, fingertips down to the bone (including most of the nail), a nipple, etc and they all grew back. It happens to everyone, no need to be embarrassed ;D

For the mounts, I had a similar issue with getting the sucker mount to work on my track car so what I did was I used a razor and shaved the tape off the tape mount (yes, I did cut myself lol) and used the removable tape that comes with coat hooks. It sticks pretty darn well, I've been doing it for years now with never a lost camera, but of course YMMV so use at your own risk. I also don't do it on really cold or hot or on wet days, and replace the tape each track day.

This is what I use:

=66666UF6EVsSyXTtnxTXoxMtEVU6EVs6EVs6EVs6E666666--.jpg

You center the mount in 2 strips so there is full coverage, then mount it where ever. It comes off in my experience with no residue (you don't trim the excess, you need to pull the tab to make it come off otherwise it is a fight like regular double tape). It also has not taken off my not-great paint. I used it on my motorcycle a couple times too, no issues.

BUT like I said, ymmv depending on temp, etc. If you try it, apply it then wiggle the mount to make sure it is sticking well.

Keavdog said:
lol- retitle this thread!

I was building a guillows wooden model airplane as a boy. Had most of it together, but I needed to split a 1/4" down down the middle. So I'm holding the dowel in my left and - thumb right down the center - and the exacto knife in the center of the dowel up top with my right hand. As I apply pressure to the knife, it splits suddenly and the exacto ends up about 3/8" into my left thumb, just off center, right through the nail. I immediately run to the bathrooom and start running water over it. Anyone who has had a razor blade or exacto cut knows this thing is bleeding like a stuck pig. I'm watching the blood run down the sink thinking "wow thats a lot of blood". Two minutes later I wake up on the bathroom floor in a puddle of blood. Being that I'm like 12 or so - I fear my parents response so I get up, squeeze the $hit of of my severed thumb and apply a bandaid, no way I'm telling my folks what happened. Funny thing is I only ended up with a scar - never lost the nail - win!
Learned myself that day to always cut away from yourself.

LOL. I did almost exactly the same thing but for a few minor details. It was a model transport truck, the knife caught my thumb above the knuckle and I didn't pass out. I didn't tell my parents either. Also cut off the tip of my index finger with an electric hedge trimmer when I was about 15.

Junior high wood shop. I was using a jig saw to cut a project in half, no push rod. I took my thumb down to the bone when the saw went through the wood faster than I expected. It kind of tickled when it happened. I was fine until i bent my thumb back far enough to see the white of the bone. At that point I freaked out.

TMO Supporting Vendors