The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 IanKar64 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Now I hope this is the correct thread (my thread) where I show what mods I have done. I posted on someone else not understanding that these threads belong to the individuals. Purchased new M1 HP A10 in August 22 mainly for track day experience and fun. Now in my late 50's so time to enjoy some dreams while I can remember them.
I'll be doing mods slowly as I learn the car, get more track experience and skills. Will post as I do them.

Mach1ik - Copy.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Mods done so far:
#1: Front camber adj to -2.5. Rear cambers to be done shortly. Still deciding what type to fit.
2#: J&L Oil Separator (oil catch can) passenger side installed.
#3: S550 Mustang Hood Struts
#4: Steeda Mustang Full Length Jacking Rails
#5: Watson Roll Bar & Watson Rear Seat delete
#6: Sparco FIA 4-point Racing Harness

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Changed my Air Filter to the Airaid 861-399 and removed that hydrocarbon reduction 'thingy'. There's a thread on this.

IMG_5362.jpg

IMG_5363.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great idea for anyone going on track , imho. I did my Mach before it ever hit a road course and it has already saved my CF hood. Now, take out those two panels for the missing lights in your grill , as that helps with more air into the radiator, etc.

The car looks fantastic!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Great idea for anyone going on track , imho. I did my Mach before it ever hit a road course and it has already saved my CF hood. Now, take out those two panels for the missing lights in your grill , as that helps with more air into the radiator, etc.

The car looks fantastic!
I might still drill the fog light blanks to make a grid backed by a s/s mesh. I wish there were grid or mesh options to purchase as I wasn't comfortable with it being wide open without some sort of grid to stop stones, debris etc. I know the right hand side one opens up directly to the air filter so it can breathe more. But I also did some research as someone said it causes more lift? When I did the Nascar Team tour last year, it was pointed out to me that the Nascar teams (now banned) put stickers over the grid to reduce airflow therefore increase downforce and speed. It was a juggling act of overheating the engine vs more speed. That's why I decided to leave the blanks in until I get to the time where I need to watch overheating, speed or more noticeable HP.

IMG_5150 (2).jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Keep in mind you aren't doing 200 mph on an oval ------- or are you , ha! They pop out , you don't have to drill them out , and if I remember correctly the passenger side one is the only one that takes a little juggling around. Good idea for mesh, and it should be easy to install.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Keep in mind you aren't doing 200 mph on an oval ------- or are you , ha! They pop out , you don't have to drill them out , and if I remember correctly the passenger side one is the only one that takes a little juggling around. Good idea for mesh, and it should be easy to install.
I suppose you are right about the oval. It just gave me some piece of mind for procrastinating. I was referring to drilling a whole lot of holes in the blank - like a perforated plate. So then put the blank back with the mesh as a base to keep hold in. By perforating the plastics pop-out plate, it would be quite weak. So attach a s/s mesh of sorts on it to strengthen it. Just an engineering thought.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
There you go. Managed to do my driver side without removing the bumper. Found the fog light delete 3mm thick and not brittle so by drilling it, I don't think I need a mesh or perforated plate to support it. Cut out a template and pre drilled the holes and followed up with the correct size drill. Reversed the process of putting the fog light delete back but used the drilled holes to put a bent stiff wire through and pull it close to the mounts to snap back. So this worked.

IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5476 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Completed my Race Driver Training Program this weekend. Even to got to 'race' it at the end which is part of the test. Intense but loads of fun especially in the wet.

IMG_5696.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Purchased the Motive Power Brake Bleeder and flushed and bled the system with Motul 600 Racing Brake Fluid. Worked out better than I thought. I didn't jack up the car and place trestles on all 4 corners. Just did one wheel at a time. Got a scare at the end as the car would turn but not fire up. Called a Ford mechanic and they advised car thinks it's being stolen and to "arm" and "disarm" with the remote. It worked.

TMO Supporting Vendors