The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

IAT sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where is the iat sensor on the boss engine? Next to the maf? Just curious with this heat and a/c on i'm getting 153* tempatures in traffic then down to 110* on the open roads.

Wow that seems high. What's the ambient temp when you're seeing 110*? I've found that ambient and IAT run almost equal on the Boss which seems to indicate they did a good job locating the factory CAI and snorkel. My GT500 runs ~10* higher IAT than ambient.

Unfortunitly I'm running a jlt cai and 2 10" spal fans on the heat exchanger and with the a/c on it pushesalot of hot air into the engine compartment but I guess the water to air intercooler cools down that hot air. It only gets that hot in the mid afternoon in fl. Radio says outside temp's are 100* to 103* And sitting in traffic with a/c blowing nice and cold iat's go up,when driving iat's go down to around 110*. www.dropbox.com/s/8sti2j6uelz5wzs/20130701_164523.jpg www.dropbox.com/s/xbtqq476l4rsgsc/2013-08-02%2014.29.42.jpg

chefron50 said:
Unfortunitly I'm running a jlt cai and 2 10" spal fans on the heat exchanger and with the a/c on it pushesalot of hot air into the engine compartment but I guess the water to air intercooler cools down that hot air. It only gets that hot in the mid afternoon in fl. Radio says outside temp's are 100* to 103* And sitting in traffic with a/c blowing nice and cold iat's go up,when driving iat's go down to around 110*. www.dropbox.com/s/8sti2j6uelz5wzs/20130701_164523.jpg www.dropbox.com/s/xbtqq476l4rsgsc/2013-08-02%2014.29.42.jpg
I'm curious what kind of downstream temps are you seeing? (IAT2)

chefron50 said:
How do I check the iat2 temp's? Can I use the sct tuner to check this?
It should be available through your OBDII port. I have an Aeroforce gauge plugged into mine that will show IAT2. I would think you can get it on your SCT through the datalog function but it woukd probably be something you download off the device versus being able to see it while you are driving. My GT500 had a sensor from the factory to read it but I'm not sure about the Boss...probably does but I haven't tried it.

TMO Supporting Vendors