The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

If Ford didn't make the Mustang/Shelby/Boss, what would you drive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A friend and were chatting and the subject came up . . . "What if Ford didn't have the Mustang/Shelby/Boss . . . what would you drive?"

That was a tough one for me. Having driven the Camaro and Challenger I didn't like either of those for various reasons.
For me if Ford didn't make the Mustang not sure what it would be. Corvette? Viper? C63? M3?

Glad I don't have to make that choice. What say the Mustang/Shelby/Boss owners??

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I had an E36 M3 setup for Time Trials (NASA). If they didn't make the Boss 302, I most likely would have dropped a mean (aka: not stock) LSx motor in it and had some fun :)

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
If not for the Boss I would still have my #'s Matching 1970 Chevelle SS 396 4spd Bitter Sweet ;D :'(

If it weren't for the Boss, I think I still wouldn't have made the jump from import to domestic brands. So I'd most likely own a STi, evo, M3, BRZ, or a miata. At least those were my other considerations, until i read a couple of reviews of the Boss, and saw a grabber blue on the street.

Cars on my short list are any Porsche 911, 2014 Porsche Cayman S, 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 and if I win the lottery a McLaren 650S. ;D

skwerl

tree hugger
I've driven pickups all my life and will always have one. Before I bought my Bullitt in 2011 it had been 20 years since the last time I owned a car. Don't really have much interest in most cars other than the Mustang. The Challengers are nice looking but I'd never own one. Same with some of the sportier BMW's.

If Ford did not make the Boss or even if time would go back to before I got the Boss, I would've kept my STI for dual purpose DD and HPDE. Not because the STI is a better and faster car around the track, it is not, but because I am stuck with Honda Fit as DD :mad:

I had just hopped on the net to look for 5.0's when I saw the pics and stories of the upcoming Boss cars. Then I was like:

Close+Encounters+of+the+Third+Kind+3.jpg

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
I was planning to get a replica Cobra Daytona Coupe as adrenalin drive. And then BMW 335 wagon as practical hauler.

Thanks for Ford, I have just Boss 302 which serves as both. In those rare occasions when something does not fit in, I simply rent a Van or take taxi.

There was a 12 year gap between my last Mustang and this one. I sold this car to pay for a roof and furnace in the house. Still miss her even though she was hard to drive, would tend to overheat at the track, and not very comfortable.

Rightside_IMG.png

Enginebay2_IMG_zps43b183d6.png

If I didn't have this Boss 302, I would have bought a 1969 Z-28, fully restored it, and put in a Richmond Six Speed so it could have some Freeway drive time.

I always loved those and wanted one. But in the reality, the Boss is much nicer with it's handling, A/C and other creature comforts the Z would not have had. But...the sound of a properly cammed DZ 302 is just about the ultimate noise for me!

JJ

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel