The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

If this is Cortex suspension, I am sold!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I typed the name of Filip Trojanek in youtube ( I wanted to see his Mustang 66 project) , the guy from cortex racing, and there was this video that I really liked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv840LvCy4E

as if he is driving a 2800 Ib car.

however I am not sure what kind of suspension he got since there are no details.

I live in NorCal and I'm seeing more and more Mustangs with full Cortex suspension on them. They have also developed the suspension and brake setups for the new SCCA Mustangs and everyone seems pretty pleased with them.

What I like about the video, is the the level of confidence he has in his car, which is one of the main keys of driving fast in a controlled fashion

This car probably is at least running this kit,

1) http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-suspension-complete-system-front-rear-street/

4 grand gets you custom cortex coilovers with koni internals and custom springs, and also a watts link and LCAs.

He also might be running this,

2. http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-torque-arm-system/

3. The coilovers themselves might have JRI, Penske, or Ohlins internals.

If you think watching this video gives you confidence in Cortex products, call up Filip and have a quick chat with him. Guaranteed you will be a customer by the end of the conversation. Im currently running the watts link right now with the LCAs. Will be going to cortex coilovers next!

We just installed the Cortex system on our www.SevenForgedwheels.com project car. We went with with JRI shocks on the coilover system, lower control arms and watts link. All that I can say is this system is insane. We're extremely happy can't wait to get this car on the track.

9775341604_86215b012e_b.jpg

9775341614_f63739b2b3_b.jpg

9775338035_d71ed2e68d_b.jpg

9858456684_31af81c053_b.jpg

Blue Boss RS said:
We just installed our my cortex system on our SevenForgedwheels.com project car. We went with with JRI shocks on the coilover system, lower control arms and watts link. All that I can say is this system is insane. We're extremely happy can't want to get this car on the track.

9775341604_86215b012e_b.jpg

9775341614_f63739b2b3_b.jpg

9775338035_d71ed2e68d_b.jpg

9858456684_31af81c053_b.jpg

It definitely looks like a serious deal!

A few weeks ago I spoke with Rehagen racing guys, they said, they are going with full Cortex suspension on Dean's car! very nice and helpful guys, by the way.

We also scaled and weighed our www.sevenforgedwheels.com boss with me in it. Here are the results. We dropped a lot of weight with our wheels :D

10203570813_59b997bcc1_b.jpg

Modified with a 1/4 tank of gas with driver
10203570833_e9c1c853ee_b.jpg

Blue Boss RS said:
We also scaled and weighed our www.sevenforgedwheels.com boss with me in it. Here are the results. We dropped a lot of weight with our wheels :D

10203570813_59b997bcc1_b.jpg

10203570833_e9c1c853ee_b.jpg

Posh looking website! ;D

how much does each wheel weigh?

and also can you please keep updating us about your new blue monster with the cortex goodies on, especially after you go to the track and don't forget to post a video too.
thanks

13Boss#3328 said:
Posh looking website! ;D

how much does each wheel weigh?

and also can you please keep updating us about your new blue monster with the cortex goodies on, especially after you go to the track and don't forget to post a video too.
thanks

Thanks for the kudos on our website. I built it myself so I'm glad you think its posh :D

So about our wheels. We made a custom once piece forged wheel (our 7F Split Five) that's a 19x10 front and 19x11 rear.

The 7F Split Five front 19x10 weighs in at 21lbs.

The 7F Split Five rear 19x11 weighs in at 23lbs.

We dropped 40lbs of rotational mass off the car which is awesome to say the least for a 19" wheel.

We running 285/30/19 up front and 305/30/19 rears.

We will give everyone feedback on the car once we hit the track (we can't wait). I may go out on an track event with the Porsche club after SEMA
Also heres a few pics of what the www.sevenforgedwheels.com boss weighed stock.

Stock without driver. (Half tank of gas)
8679241007_9e961995d0_z.jpg

Stock With driver (half tank of gas)
8680348830_a0b327142b.jpg

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Blue Boss RS said:
Thanks for the kudos on our website. I built it myself so I'm glad you think its posh :D

So about our wheels. We made a custom once piece forged wheel (our 7F Split Five) that's a 19x10 front and 19x11 rear.

The 7F Split Five front 19x10 weighs in at 21lbs.

The 7F Split Five rear 19x11 weighs in at 23lbs.

We dropped 40lbs of rotational mass off the car which is awesome to say the least for a 19" wheel.

We running 285/30/19 up front and 305/30/19 rears.

We will give everyone feedback on the car once we hit the track (we can't wait). I may go out on an track event with the Porsche club after SEMA
Also heres a few pics of what the www.sevenforgedwheels.com boss weighed stock.

Stock without driver. (Half tank of gas)
8679241007_9e961995d0_z.jpg

Stock With driver (half tank of gas)
8680348830_a0b327142b.jpg

That is a very attractive wheel! But that weight on a 19" wheel makes me think its not strong. Have these wheels been JWL certified? If so, what is the static load rating?

pufferfish said:
That is a very attractive wheel! But that weight on a 19" wheel makes me think its not strong. Have these wheels been JWL certified? If so, what is the static load rating?

JWL is Japanese standard that stands for the Japan Light Alloy Wheel standard. We're not going to certify these in japan at the moment so were going with the US SAE standard.

Our wheels are forged and if it was a cast wheel that weighed that much I would be concerned as well.

With forged wheels they are stronger and lighter then a normal cast wheel. They are machined thinner because the hardness and lightness of the forging process. This is the reason why forged wheels are more expensive then a cast wheel. Cast wheels are poured metal into a mold this is why they are bulkier and weigh more generally.

My manufacture in Southern California makes well known forged wheel brands that when tested meet all certifications from TUV, JWL, and SAE. These are brands I cannot comment on due to my contract with them.

I'll post specs on my website and the forum once the testing is complete. I'll post the specs on the fatigue, load rating, and corner testing once the results are in :)

TMO Supporting Vendors