The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

If you were going to Boost your Boss what would you do and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm definitely not the Burning Bush when it comes to these motors, but a 475-500+ rwhp NA build will be considerably more than $5-6k.

Lots of good options out there, and some good advice being offered here. I'm running a P1 at 7.5 lbs of boost and have been very happy. My Boss made 550 hp at the tires, which is more than enough for the street: if I mat the skinny pedal, I spin completely through first, second, third, and part way through fourth (stock Pirelli's and stock suspension). With little effort, the tires will break loose at 50 mph in third and 80+ mph in fourth. I've considered going to a smaller pulley and making 700 hp, but I have to fix my current traction issue first. :)

I think you'll be happy with whichever route you go as long as you buy a quality kit. But I wouldn't use AED for tuning.

Mod Edit: Unless this happened to you, it's hearsay. Please post first hand experiences only.

Edit -- If Shaun admitted to the act, it's not hearsay.

Tulsa, OK
Snake said:
I'm definitely not the Burning Bush when it comes to these motors, but a 475-500+ rwhp NA build will be considerably more than $5-6k.

Lots of good options out there, and some good advice being offered here. I'm running a P1 at 7.5 lbs of boost and have been very happy. My Boss made 550 hp at the tires, which is more than enough for the street: if I mat the skinny pedal, I spin completely through first, second, third, and part way through fourth (stock Pirelli's and stock suspension). With little effort, the tires will break loose at 50 mph in third and 80+ mph in fourth. I've considered going to a smaller pulley and making 700 hp, but I have to fix my current traction issue first. :)

I think you'll be happy with whichever route you go as long as you buy a quality kit. But I wouldn't use AED for tuning.

I don't want to get into a whole thing about AED, but bottom line is the guy knows how to tune these cars. Damn well.

No doubt he's good, but there are a lot of others out there who are at least as good and don't come with the drama.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
spdkills83 said:
Man good see all of the replies. The info is appreciated as well.

One thing I seen that I am not sure of is VMP what is that abbreviation for? or is it even an abbreviation haha?

Also thanks for the estimate on all motor build, really want this thing to be the ultimate I guess everything ride, quick in a straight line, handle, etc. I guess I just don't want it to be a one trick pony pun intended.

The big single turbo lures me more than the twins, and I do like the superchargers but the Boss manifold is too nice of a thing to give up at the moment.

The all motor setup for the money really does not seem bad at all. I guess it will likely hinge on what ol' uncle sam wants to provide for second Christmas this year. Made quite a bit more last year so hopefully I did right by my taxes.

Thanks again to all that have replied, and whatever route I decide to go I will share granted, nothing major happens between now and then.

@spdkills83

http://vmptuning.com/ These guys live forced induction for the 3V and 4V engines. They even have their own line of blowers from a deal with Roush.

But honestly, someone mentioned the GT500 route--that's probably the EASIER way to get this all done. Doesn't take much to make giant power with those cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors