The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

If you've never been to Watkins Glen....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If you've never been to Watkins Glen this may make you want to take the trip. It's the instructor run group of the Audi NEQ Club (my 'main' club ? ;D ) at Watkins Glen this past season. Video was produced very professionally by the family of the driver of the V-10 Audi R8 in the video. Some very cool cars in here including an Atom and a pair of twin Ferrari's. Even you know who in a black Boss 302 LS #59 in there a couple of times !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcHV6y5O0g[/youtube]

That looks like a really cool track...except for all the fencing. Lots of fencing. I've moved this to the Racing forum.

It's called 'Armco'...not fencing....and they actually moved it back a few years ago...it used to be REALLY close!

Its a very high speed track and gobs of fun...pretty technical, but VIR is probably more so.....lots of elevation changes and it is the Grandaddy of all the Road Racing venues in the country!!!

I have been racing there since 1997.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
NFSBOSS said:
That looks like a really cool track...except for all the fencing. Lots of fencing. I've moved this to the Racing forum.

Spoken like a true Alfalfa mower.... you 'big plains' boys need to grow a pair !!

(Fire when ready Griddly ;D )

GA
NFSBOSS said:

Yeah, on the east coast you need to learn to keep it on the track if you like your car. ;)

PeteInCT

Connecticut
racered302 said:
Cool video, looked like Pete was driving the only foreign car that day. Hast du Deutch gelearnt von den anderen?

Nein, ich war ihnen American Iron Unterricht den ganzen Tag! Es gab eine andere "fremde" Auto gibt, eine Corvette C6. Abgesehen davon, war ich jagen GT2RS den ganzen Tag lang ..

Ich liebe Google Übersetzer!

-Petrus

PeteInCT said:
Nein, ich war ihnen American Iron Unterricht den ganzen Tag! Es gab eine andere "fremde" Auto gibt, eine Corvette C6. Abgesehen davon, war ich jagen GT2RS den ganzen Tag lang ..

Ich liebe Google Übersetzer!

-Petrus

Nice try on Google's part but confusing. I corrected it

Nein, ich war in eine American Iron Unterricht auto den ganzen Tag! Es gab eine andere "fremde" Auto auch, eine Corvette C6. Abgesehen davon, war ich jagen GT2RS den ganzen Tag.

Not perfect but closer then google

Did you catch him?

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Hell no. Not only is that car not stock (including lighter than stock) but he's one hell of a driver. He actually was my very first instructor when I entered HPDE - so I still blame him for this money pit of a sport to this day ;D I can get with the GT3's well enough but the GT3RS's and the GT Cup's are way too light and have too much Aero. I've been in that particular GT3RS many times, the G's it can pull in the turns is just plain ridiculous.

If that club would take another Boss, I'd be interested. Just need a few month's notice to work out my schedule.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Nafod said:
If that club would take another Boss, I'd be interested. Just need a few month's notice to work out my schedule.

We would be happy to have you join us. It's the Audi New England Quattro Club (a.k.a. "NEQ") but the club is open to all cars (as you can see by the video in the firat posting). Excellently run club with very good instructors. You have to work to get a solo signoff, but if you do you know you are driving well. Info is available here: www.neqclub.org .

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors