The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ignition Coils, and other spare parts for 5 wks Europe Road Trip ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
Hello from Scandinavia,
I'm planning to do epic Boss journey around southern Europe (5 weeks on the road). Therefore I need to pack some spare parts into trunk, prepare to take care of my own - because there are practically no official US-Ford dealers.
Of course my 2012 Boss just got 35000 miles service and new PSS tires.

Here's what I think to pack:
-Ford Racing Ignition Coil Set M-12029-4V (is this Motorcraft DG543 right for Boss or why it is just GT500 spec?)
-Spark plugs Motorcraft SP-519
-Serpentine Belt CR3Z-5804338-BA
-Rear wheel
- and tools

Questions:
-are the parts right?
- what else you would pack?
-any other good advices?

Thank you in advance
Arto

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
So Boss said:
Hello from Scandinavia,
I'm planning to do epic Boss journey around southern Europe (5 weeks on the road). Therefore I need to pack some spare parts into trunk, prepare to take care of my own - because there are practically no official US-Ford dealers.

-Ford Racing Ignition Coil Set M-12029-4V (is this Motorcraft DG543 right for Boss or why it is just GT500 spec?)
-Rear wheel
- and tools

Questions:
-are the parts right?
-any other good advices?

Thank you in advance
Arto

Sounds like a fun trip
You may want to check the rear wheel you are taking to ensure if fits both front and back. What fits the back does not always fit on front over brakes.
Add some oil to the list.
Jack and lug wrench (could be part of your tools)
Plugs and coil packs should not be a problem.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
So Boss said:
Hello from Scandinavia,

-Rear wheel
- and tools

Questions:
-are the parts right?
-any other good advices?

Thank you in advance
Arto

Arto

If you have a problem with the Boss in Switzerland give me a PM and i help you if i can. When you are on the journey?
A very good garage with excellent knowledge on the Mustangs is the Centralgarage Sursee (http://www.ford-sursee.ch/)
Plugs and Coils i would not pack, but of course the right sort oil. i would change the batteries in the keyfob before beginning of the journey and pack the spare key in.

Andreas

Man that sounds fun!!!!!
I went on a lil road trip and packed various tools, oil, fire extinguisher, flashlights, flares, first aid kit, and a full size rear spare. Figure it'll fit the front too but never tried it.
Also believe we have 2 serpentine belts. Make sure to get both.

Have a great trip! 8)

Those are the wrong coils. I do not think you need a spare set for your trip, but if you want a single spare, they are about $40 USD. Rock Auto and Levittown Ford are good sources.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
Hi and thanks for comments,
I will hit the road on May. I have some things to do in Paris, from there I continue to vacation Provence and later perhaps to Spain. No specific plans - just 5 weeks Grand Tour.

And special thanks for Buland, if I drive through Switzerland I will stop by to say hello.

Cheers!
Arto

TMO Supporting Vendors