The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I'll be MIA from track days for the foreseeable future

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Very sad to hear this news. Norm contributed a lot of good knowledge and always managed to stickhandle gracefully through the inevitable rough and tumble in internet forums. His wry sense of humour and ability to not take himself too seriously was evident in his profile signature. The world has lost another good one.
Godspeed Norm!

Life is not guaranteed to anyone for their next day.....death is guaranteed to everyone at some point in their existence here on earth. I've always said that if you get to 70 yrs old, you got your money's worth...what ever that means??...Norm got there with some change in his pocket.....I'm not making light of his passing by any means!!!!!!!...His suffering here is done...May his spirit enjoy His next phase of speed.........Amen................:praying:.......10 yrs ago when I got my Boss I still thought I was invincible, those days are slowly disappearing along with many of my friends and family.....When I set that 70's standard ......seems like so long ago, Every day now when I wake to see another day, I thank my Maker!!!!......Time seeks/takes no prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This is really sad news, Norm was an institution here and on other Mustang forums. I always respected and learned so much from his disciplined engineering approach to questions and problems, and appreciated how generous he was with his knowledge. More generally, he clearly loved the Mustang community and the friendships and comradery within it, and that love was infectious. Godspeed Norm.

Gosh this is terrible news for sure. Like so many people, I always appreciated his insights and he always seemed like such an "adult" on S197 forum despite almost no one else acting like one on that forum! Norm will surely be missed.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
This is terrible. He was a great guy and was always willing to answer questions and provide valuable insight. Even his detailed engineering responses will be missed. It doesn't look like he was able to enjoy the new differential he installed. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

I hope he's riding a pony up in the big ranch.

Norm was at the heart of what makes TMO a great place for those of us who love tracking our cars. Always constructive and ready to explain what can make our cars better and why. He will be missed and condolences to his family.

My sentiments exactly. Really enjoyed learning what Norm took the time to explain. I'm sure he is dearly missed by his family, and of course we will miss him too.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Life is not guaranteed to anyone for their next day.....death is guaranteed to everyone at some point in their existence here on earth. I've always said that if you get to 70 yrs old, you got your money's worth...what ever that means??...Norm got there with some change in his pocket.....I'm not making light of his passing by any means!!!!!!!...His suffering here is done...May his spirit enjoy His next phase of speed.........Amen................:praying:.......10 yrs ago when I got my Boss I still thought I was invincible, those days are slowly disappearing along with many of my friends and family.....When I set that 70's standard ......seems like so long ago, Every day now when I wake to see another day, I thank my Maker!!!!......Time seeks/takes no prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda gutted on this one, but I completely appreciate what you're saying. Good bye, Norm. Thank God sometimes the good ones _don't_ die young. You'll be missed.

TMO Supporting Vendors