The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Illuminated Boss scuff plates form Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just found them. Tempting but I do feel a 100% with their look. Maybe if they were red white and blue.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=12030628270111114100831049338120122310&store_id=1&dept_id=1138&product_id=7021

I have to agree, that's kinda pricy considering I can get a completely custom one made for roughly the same price with my choice of design and colors.

I wonder if Ford is outsourcing these, cause that is not even the BOSS 302 font, its barley even close...

Anymore I think Add-Ons like this should be Custom, not "Mass-Produced" and there are several people and custom parts places that do this so there are options out there...

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
I know that the illuminated scuff plates were an option on the GT and V6, is there a wiring harness to make this plug and play?

Not crazy about the font...but wouldn't mind adding one of the OEM ones onto my Boss.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Something about them just doesnt do it for me. the font the square blocks after Boss and 302 and it looks to small for the overall size.

I am curious as to if the wiring harness is there too.

Somethng about adding that to what is in essence a car begging
For the track. Id rather put the funding into a clutch
Shifter or something that would make the car
Faster/safer or quicker

TMO Supporting Vendors