The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I'm Back (Sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As you all may recall I handed down my 2012 Boss to my son and purchased a corvette. After two months I am glad to say I am back home to Ford. Today I purchased a 2014 Cobra. Will post pics soon. The chevy did not do it for me. Sorry Ford, I will not stray again.

Two months of punishment is long enough. Welcome back and post some photos of that bad boy.

Congrats on the new Shelby!! Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing your opinion on the car.

I've got a black one now but my new white 14 was built last week and sure looking forward to it getting here. I was anxiously waiting to buy a 13 Boss when they arrived in showrooms last year but an unexpected Shelby test drive changed everything once I got seduced by that whineing blower and the unbelieveable power they make. Still love to have a Boss someday. Been a Boss owner since 71 so they are in my DNA.

With a section for Raptors, Taurus, Focus, etc. maybe we need a section for Shelbys on here too. ;D

2013662shelby_zps66909412.jpg

blk12svt said:
Congrats on the new Shelby!! Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing your opinion on the car.

I've got a black one now but my new white 14 was built last week and sure looking forward to it getting here. I was anxiously waiting to buy a 13 Boss when they arrived in showrooms last year but an unexpected Shelby test drive changed everything once I got seduced by that whineing blower and the unbelieveable power they make. Still love to have a Boss someday. Been a Boss owner since 71 so they are in my DNA.

With a section for Raptors, Taurus, Focus, etc. maybe we need a section for Shelbys on here too. ;D

2013662shelby_zps66909412.jpg

That looks sweet.

Just wondering what your driving impression of the new Shelby is? I just past 100 miles and was winding mine up a little the other day for the first time and about 2/3 - 3/4 throttle in 2nd gear when the back end broke loose at 65 mph. Might have been a good thing though since as soon as I let off I met a state cop. Unbelievable power but these things need tires about 14" wide. Be carefull !!!

Great color choice. A friend of mine has that same combo and it looks cool and stealthy. I still get my '07 out on the street and it's a blast to drive. Nothing like getting pushed back in your seat by 640rwhp/625rwtq with a blower that comes on like a light switch. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors