The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

I'm in!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello All,

I just wanted to thank you for this great forum which has been so helpful to me during my research. I learned so much before I even jumped in and got one for myself.

This is my first foray into the muscle car arena, and I hope it will be the first of more to come. I have always been a fan of Mustangs, as my father and uncle used to drag my uncle's '67 Shelby. So there was some planted roots you can say. A lifelong dream comes true!

I first started looking at the '12s in December, but the availability and markups I saw was something I was not ready to deal with. A couple of the dealers I went to check-out the '12s at could really care less I was there, especially when I asked about the markup.

When I learned the '13s were coming so early, I decide to search around and manage the waiting lists. To my pleasant surprise I was first on the list at one dealer who had already ordered what I wanted (SBY). There was a short delay due to the striping issue, but all looks good. In person it looks a tad bit more orange compared to online pics and when I saw it at the auto show. SBY is an accurate label I think.

Sorry to say no pics yet, I've been too busy driving it!! Awesome!

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome to BMO. Congratulations on your new Boss. You'll find some useful tips for reading BMO and how to post photos at the link below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/a-tip-for-reading-boss-mustangs-online/

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Steve,

Boy ths is a heart warming post. Welcome aboard and please don't forget about us now that you have your new toy. Now you can return the favor by educating us by relating your Boss experiences (and pics) to us on this forum. I'll be looking for your posts. Best wishes with you new Boss.

MMD

cloud9 said:
Congrats Steve! Looking forward to your pics when you finally run out of gas ;D

Ok, I finally did run out of gas and am having to take some pain meds, cuz my face is cramping from smiling so much. :p Much fun to drive and the handling is a joy. I'm finding the roads more clear for my personal enjoyment in the early evenings.

I shined her up now and posted some pics on the '13 pic thread.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/2013-boss-302-photo-thread/30/

SBY has really grown on me, I still like my PW but pretty much every color looks good. Ford has been on a roll with paint formulas lately.

You might want to consider trackey, it really wakes them up.

CaliMR said:
SBY has really grown on me, I still like my PW but pretty much every color looks good. Ford has been on a roll with paint formulas lately.

You might want to consider trackey, it really wakes them up.

Yes, will definitely do so before the year is done. I want to track the car in the years to come, and really enjoy the full potential.

SBY to me so far is a dynamic color. At times it looks more on the yellow side (not so yellow as the Bumble-Bee Camaro yellow though), but then other times it's darker and more orange-like, like a typical school bus color.

TMO Supporting Vendors