The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

IMG at Summit Main Saturday/Sunday Oct 12/13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it HPDE? I missed out on Sept. I think enough of my co workers may be back from sick time by then.5 man shop down to yours truly. On call sucks! Old people suck and I can say that and be politically correct because I'm old, sort of, more now the 10 months ago.

Does beginner come before novice? I've done one HPDE there. Not that I can't drive I just have to prove it there. As as long lostpony doesn't chime in then I may be good with that statement. LOL

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
http://imgracing.com/
You can read up on their program, registration is through motorsportreg.com
Beginner/Novice are the same. I will run Intermediate because I have many days but none on Summit Main, will be requesting an instructor at least until I get familiar with the lines and braking zones for my car.
Steve

Steve, I look forward to seeing your car in person. And racered, I will let them know about your driving! j/k, Ya did fine running down that ZL1 and the Vette! I will be there too because I got promoted to Motorsports Coordinator, so I am there every weekend to make sure all is well with the different groups.

Well, we didn't have the clear weather we hoped for, but we had a fun and educational day, as far as car control goes.

here are a couple of bad pictures i took during the weekend.
IMAG0323640x480_zpsd3b58ab1.jpg

IMAG0327640x480_zps42278797.jpg

IMAG0322640x480_zps43775d5b.jpg

IMAG0325640x480_zps2640364a.jpg

IMAG0324640x480_zpsf6bf8cf8.jpg

IMAG0321640x480_zps7f2647f1.jpg

IMAG0326640x480_zps6deaeb4d.jpg

I was only able to go on Saturday, but was still a great day. Great to meet some new BMO friends. IMG Charlie and crew were great hosts as well.
I still have a lot to learn, so will definitely be doing more of these events. :D

TMO Supporting Vendors