The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Impact of Track Tire Upgrade on GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have tracked my 2016 GT350 Track Pack car several times on the Factory tires. I easily hit the Computer Nannies in Sport Mode. Not so far in Track Mode. My question is: If I upgrade to some dedicated Track Tires (slicks), should I expect to experience any hidden Nannies in Track Mode? Are there any Nannies still active once I enter Track Mode?

Barrett

Yes there are still nannies in Track Mode but they are much more generous than Sport Mode. I ran SC2 tires on my GT350 and ran it in Track Mode and I would feel the nannies kick in every once in a while. They probably saved me more than slowing me down. Best way to find out is to add the sticky tires and see if the nannies in Track Mode are an issue for you.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel