The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Impressive autoX/track build at Cars n Coffee today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Boss goodness under the hood:
32168276495_687d3deee4_c.jpg

32168277555_e1f62ca12b_c.jpg

Nice body work:
32168275685_6def49a1ac_c.jpg

32168274435_5c790fb714_c.jpg

32168273815_27d6d7750e_c.jpg

Trick suspension (should've taken more pics!):32168275185_0805dab632_c.jpg

Matt- Great meeting you today...and if you're reading this, I hope you have the chance to chime in with more pics and build details!

Wow that's freakin cool and looks to be well executed. IRS?

Is that a Maier Racing rear suspension? Should be a solid axle. I know they had one in the past that looked like that. Could be their body work to. Very Cool!!!!!

Grant 302

Silver LS said:
Is that a Maier Racing rear suspension? Should be a solid axle. I know they had one in the past that looked like that. Could be their body work to. Very Cool!!!!!

Yes and yes on the solid rear. Detroit Speed up front. My understanding was his own bodywork, but he knows Mike Maier...so I can't say for sure.

We also talked a bit about his '06 GT...'CorteX SLA, Tiger racing, and 18x12.5 rims up front' stand out from our discussion and the one picture he showed me.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Grant 302 said:
Yes and yes on the solid rear. Detroit Speed up front. My understanding was his own bodywork, but he knows Mike Maier...so I can't say for sure.

We also talked a bit about his '06 GT...'CorteX SLA, Tiger racing, and 18x12.5 rims up front' stand out from our discussion and the one picture he showed me.
Do tell....what did you learn?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Looks awesome! I don't usually care much for "resto-mod" type builds, but this one looks extremely well done. Wheel well openings definitely radiused for 20" wheels. These '65-'66 stangs are light weight, too. I had '65 GT350 years ago, weighed 2680 lbs, so with a Coyote motor this thing should be an absolute beast!

Grant 302

dabossinne said:
Looks awesome! I don't usually care much for "resto-mod" type builds, but this one looks extremely well done. Wheel well openings definitely radiused for 20" wheels. These '65-'66 stangs are light weight, too. I had '65 GT350 years ago, weighed 2680 lbs, so with a Coyote motor this thing should be an absolute beast!
I asked Matt if the weight was still in the "2s" he was indicating low 3s. There are a LOT of hardware changes that I could see being net additions for weight. Still makes for impressive power to weight.

Fabman said:
You too? Damn. :-\

Don't get me started. :-\ Just looked at and toured *another* private school for my twins today. I have no shame in asking for twin/sibling discounts or credits!

TMO Supporting Vendors