The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

IMSA TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
Not a Mustang-based race, but just watched the MX-5 Cup race on IMSA TV at Mid-Ohio. Great driving, super competitive, lots of fun to see. IMSA is the best for us just getting our feet wet imo.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
NBCSN will show the race at 3:30 Eastern on 5/25. Prototype Challenge is at 2:30 same day, and Michelin Pilot Challenge race follows Miata race at 4:30.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
This:

at the moment says Witmer won it in the McLaren. There were 2 Mustangs and 2 Camaros and they all finished lower than 27th. I have no idea why the summary that shows up in this post talks about Watkins but their scoring page at the moment is showing Mid-Ohio. But that will change with the next race.

<rant>
I used to watch this series avidly but not so much anymore, I find the BOP is ridiculous, they couldn't hamstring the Mustang and Camaro anymore if they tried. BOP basically is pick a winner, which instantly makes the whole series have an odour to it. I watched Daytona and I recall the McLaren just drove away on the straights.
Does anyone else think it's idiocy to believe that cars costing hundreds of thousands of dollars as production cars aren't also going to have an inherent advantage as a race car when compared to cars costing a few tens of thousands of dollars as production cars?
Does McLaren actually think that it's good for their brand to go out and beat up on $30-40K pony cars? Seems odd thinking to me. Great advertising, "We beat 40K Mustangs and Camaros with our quarter million buck super car". Bizarre.
</rant>

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
I really enjoy the multiclass races, especially when GTLM is running, which they were not this weekend. Corvette is dominating GTLM, I hear that class will be GTD PRO starting next year. It’s great seeing the difference in performance right there on track with LMP’s next to GTD’s.

I’d like to see the GS class sometime, of which I believe a Shelby Mustang won a few years back.

Very good announcers for IMSA TV and radio, I seem to learn something every time.

I should be on track (Gingerman) next week with my new ride, Chicane23 seemed to have done a great job with the car - way more than this newbie deserves but it is about as safe as can be.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel