The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

in car cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I do have a 2012 Boss but my question is for my track car a S2000 sports racer. I currently have a ChaseCam setup and because of vibration it fails more than works. I do not really need overlay but it is nice. My current thought is to buy a Hero3 silver. Just for the basic video to find out what is bad and good in my driving plus I can share with the wife. What do you guys use and what may be better? Buy the way the Lola has an Aim Pista dash.

I am using the GoPro Hero2 and love how it works. I have a rock solid roll bar mount such that any movements of the car are matched with the camera, thus the recording looks like there is no vibration. I assume you could do a similar mount on your S2000 roll bar. I have also used a suction cup mounts outside the car and those also worked well and withstood 120mph+. Below is a link to one of my videos where I got loose at about 110.

http://youtu.be/Ss8qHcJkMbE

I have GoPro, regular video camera with the headrest mount (mounts to the back seat headrest in the Boss), but the one I like the best is the regular Motorola Atrix HD cell phone with the navigation mount on the windshield. I use Torque app with the bluetooth OBDII. It gives everything for $25.00 not including the cell phone. Sometimes the signal may have a slight delay is the only problem I have. It gives any information you want to set.

Jon

TMO Supporting Vendors