The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

In car Go pro of my Drag races this past weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Went to a test and tune at Byron Dragway in IL for a Chicagoland Mustang Day. Over 70 showed. This is my in car. I haven't been to the track in 2001. Times could be better with more track prep (prepped in the A.M and not again the rest of the day) I made my goal of getting in the 12's.

http://youtu.be/CaeuSajJQTU

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Fordman9870 said:
Went to a test and tune at Byron Dragway in IL for a Chicagoland Mustang Day. Over 70 showed. This is my in car. I haven't been to the track in 2001. Times could be better with more track prep (prepped in the A.M and not again the rest of the day) I made my goal of getting in the 12's.

http://youtu.be/CaeuSajJQTU

Also at Byron with mt Kona Blue 2012 Boss on Saturday.

Beautiful day. Way too many cars.

One run in before the left lane oil down and small fire.

Ran 12.65. One run only. Daughter had appointments and I had to go.

One key to better times is to dump the pirellis.

I mounted Nittos on PF-01s. Although they are more or a turning tire, they grip.

Consider a shifter up grade also if not already done.

Will you be at Byron this weekend?

Tracy

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yeah I had issues with my car when it had the stock shifter. hitting 5th instead of 3rd. MGW shifter fixed that issue. Were you having any problems with your clutch pedal sticking to the floor or not coming up completely? mine does this and makes shifting an issue.

Nope didn't have any pedal problems, I got in 11 runs, I missed 4th once (my fault no lock out) and had a weird thing happen in one of the runs that you can here in the video. When I shifted in 4th, the car felt like it went into limp mode. but I pushed in clutch and revved and all was good. only thing I can think of is fuel pressure dropped (only had 1/4 tank)

I wont be there this weekend, was up for the CMC day. It is about a 3hr drive each way. was meaning to come talk to you but couldn't get away from my car long enough haha. VERY NICE BOSS TMS!!
I need new back tires for better times (you are right) slicks would get me in line with the magazine times of low 12's haha

TMO Supporting Vendors