The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

In car video of the dyno display

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I found this....pay attention to the shifts and the tach rpm....it seems that the car is wrapping out forth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtrnOa5VdlM[/youtube]

Thanks, now we know!

hmmm....so I re-watched. He gets on it at 6 seconds and shifts to 5th at 17-18 seconds. When I had my ride the driver said 12 seconds which is what is occurring in the video. I will admit the difference in 12 vs 12.5 would be fairly difficult to determine with this method, lol.

Another hmmm....when he shifts to 5th, it appears that the tach read over 5k rpm. If he shifted at 7500 the rpm should be less than 5k (4875) but it is clearly over 5k (looks to be ~5200). If the shift occurred at 8k rpm it should land at 5200. I guess it could just be the angle.

I hope when the Auto Show comes to an Diego at the end of this month that Ford wil have the same set up. I will keep my fingers crossed on this as I don't think the San Diego show is big enough for Ford to do this display
Fred

probably, if a silver LS ends up being there then definitely. It's just a short drive down from Dana Point.

atrain1975

Mark said:
So I found this....pay attention to the shifts and the tach rpm....it seems that the car is wrapping out forth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtrnOa5VdlM[/youtube]

Question from a FNG: what does "wrapping out fourth" mean?

5 DOT 0 said:
What do you think the actual top speed will be stock? 170+? Assuming the Trackey adds another 20 hp.

I haven't heard Ford say TracKey adds any horsepower. They have said it will increase low-end torque, not necessarily peak torque.

5 DOT 0 said:
Vince said:
I haven't heard Ford say TracKey adds any horsepower. They have said it will increase low-end torque, not necessarily peak torque.
I'll be shocked if it doesn't add any HP.

We may have to wait for some owners to put their cars on a dyno 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors