The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

inexpensive car lift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those of us who do not have a garage big enough for a professional car lift, how about these?

Make sure you watch it through

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcjw_VlX2fc[/youtube]

NYLineman

Owner of #2611 CO
Love to have a genuine lift. My whole reason for wanting a new house. Unfortunately that's not in my cards right now. Looks like a cool alternative. Anyone know what they want for them?

That looks interesting. I have a set of Race Ramps and they work well. Race Ramps also sells wheel blocks that do the same thing but not as high. It always scares the crap out of me crawling under my car with the Race Ramps. I have in the back of my mind they will collapse and crush me! Here's a couple of others I've looked at. I really like the bendpak.

http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/specialty-lifts/p-6b.aspx

http://maxjaxusa.com/index.html

BLAZN BOSS

302BOB said:
4 for $300.00 & I would have been in...great concept though. ;)
where did you see 4 for 300?................went to the website today

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BLAZN BOSS said:
where did you see 4 for 300?................went to the website today
he didnt he said if it would have been. above post said they are 260 a pair. you can make the same thing out of wood for less then 100 bucks. friend of mine makes them for 125 for four of them.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Justin said:
he didnt he said if it would have been. above post said they are 260 a pair. you can make the same thing out of wood for less then 100 bucks. friend of mine makes them for 125 for four of them.

Hey Justin what are the measurements on those? I've got a ton of 2x4's laying around and would love to make a set of these.

Justin

Tucson302 said:
Hey Justin what are the measurements on those? I've got a ton of 2x4's laying around and would love to make a set of these.
I am not sure. I will ask him but I bet you can just make them to cradle the tire nicely and it will do just fine.

2 sets of Rhino ramps are $80. I'm too low to drive on, so i jack the car up and lower it on the ramps. Just enough room w/ the 6" height of the ramps. I'm 6' 180ish.

Justin

fun4me said:
2 sets of Rhino ramps are $80. I'm too low to drive on, so i jack the car up and lower it on the ramps. Just enough room w/ the 6" height of the ramps. I'm 6' 180ish.
I have the rhino ramps as well. I can just drive up on them from the front or the rear. It rubs the splitter but doesnt damage it what so ever.

These would be nice for times when I am working on exhaust or transmission as you need the extra clearance.

As an entrepreneur at heart, I credit the guy who invented these Lift Stands for his creativity and gumption. I think it's a solid concept, and I wish him luck and hope he does well. If there is one thing that our country needs these days it's more entrepreneurs... people with good ideas willing to take risks and actually bring their ideas to market. There are always lots of talkers, but not enough doers.

For any start-up, it's all about execution, execution, execution. Initial go-to-market strategy, including pricing, is always, at best, an educated guess. The key is to be flexible and iterate as you launch your product in the market. The market "speaks" and you quickly and iteratively adjust your business model (and pricing) accordingly (the current buzz word for this is "pivot").

If I were him I'd be targeting Northern Tool, Harbor Freight, Sears Craftsman, Griot's Garage and the like to distribute/resell my product. Perhaps that's what his ultimate play is, and he's testing out the market for now selling directly online. If the product takes off, scaling the manufacturing and distribution will be his biggest challenges.

TMO Supporting Vendors