The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Inexpensive Front Plate No Drill Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Hey Folks,

I saw this video on You Tube and I thought I share it. For those of you looking for a front plate bracket without having to drill into your bumber, apparently Ford has an inexpensive solution for us. Pay attention near the end of the video and you can obtain the Ford part number so you can order. I believe this video is courtesy of some Ford factory worker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHBsoF6BJAE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MMD

Dvendet

boss2511 said:
not sure if that will work on a 2012 boss the front valance isnt like that?
The video shows the bracket being installed on a 2013 SBY Boss. Don't think it would be that expensive to find out if it works on a 2012. You could always resell it here if it doesn't work for you.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
MakeMyDay said:
boss2511 said:
The video shows the bracket being installed on a 2013 SBY Boss. Don't think it would be that expensive to find out if it works on a 2012. You could always resell it here if it doesn't work for you.
I have a craigs bracket. works quite well. I really like it cause I can take it off and on in seconds when I am detailing my car or washing it. the reason I dont think it will work is there is no lower grill to run a zip tie to so it would just have the bottom tabs wedged in between the splitter and lower valance.

Dvendet

boss2511 said:
MakeMyDay said:
boss2511 said:
I have a craigs bracket. works quite well. I really like it cause I can take it off and on in seconds when I am detailing my car or washing it. the reason I dont think it will work is there is no lower grill to run a zip tie to so it would just have the bottom tabs wedged in between the splitter and lower valance.

If you get one of these for the 12 you should be able to use the bracket:

scaled.php

scaled.php

This can be found in the Technical Forum if you should want one. This grill and bracket would seem to be a perfect marriage.

MMD

6L3Z-17A385-AAA

Seems to be $15 online, from clicking the first search result. I was thinking about making some sort of bracket that connects under the lips (splitters) with a bent piece of aluminum but haven't looked at how to mount it yet. Offset it to one side so it blocks the fog deletes instead of the lower grill, since I'd take it off at the track anyways.

You mean the dimples in the bumper? Yes, and they look ugly. If I ever need the bumper worked on, I'm going to have them filled.

I like the bracket, it looks to block some of the air flow to the radiator. Don't know if that would be an issue, but looks to be a good solution. I got my Boss in Colorado and the bracket was on the car, here in Arizona don't run a front plate. Removed the bracket, put small plugs in the holes and a little touch-up paint, holes mostly gone.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
for you guys that have had someone drill the holes you can get these as a temp fix or perm I had them on my 06 GT as I bought the car in MD and they thought it would be nice to put the dealer banner on the nose of it.
http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html

I can't understand why Ford is delivering these vehicles with these pilot holes already on the front bumper. I was so anal with the dealer about not prepping the car or doing anything to it before I got there. So I was quite bummed to see the holes when it came in!!

Although I live in a two plate state, I am not intending to mount a front plate cuz I'm tired of my cars' front fascia looking all messed up because of these rediculous mounting plates. Anyone know of the potential fines (in any state) of not having a front plate? I could not find any information on my state DMV site.

They give them out in this part of CA, but usually only if you park in a public lot or get pulled over for something else then they tag it on. You just zip tie one on to get it inspected then take it back off, and pay the fine. I heard you can just pay a bigger fine and not go through the inspection but that is just hearsay. My bro got a few in his M5, he bought a bracket that screws into the tow hoop hole just for inspections, but we don't have that option.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel