The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Info from Hoosier - Continental GT-I vs GT-O

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I received the following from Jeff at Hoosier and wanted to pass it on:

Sean,
Glad to hear the Conti’s are working well for you and your track days. The GT-I and the GT-O have the same construction, but the “I” tire actually has the new R7 tread compound.

I would have no issues you now running the GT-I on your car. It should heat up quicker and provide more consistent lap times compared to the GT-O.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, please write me.

Jeff Speer, HRT

That's good to hear. I just picked up a set of GT-I's from the Hoosier site. Have anyone heard recommended tire pressures for these tire? I;ll be running 285's up front and 305's in the back.

Jeff indicates they are the same as the GT-O's. Here is what he told me last year when I asked:

"The GT-O tire would need 24 – 26 psi COLD / 32 – 43 psi HOT pressures"

After running them last year, I found that they worked best between 38-40 psi hot. (Watkins Glen, VIR and Pocono).

KBBOSS1086 said:
Jeff indicates they are the same as the GT-O's. Here is what he told me last year when I asked:

"The GT-O tire would need 24 – 26 psi COLD / 32 – 43 psi HOT pressures"

After running them last year, I found that they worked best between 38-40 psi hot. (Watkins Glen, VIR and Pocono).

Thanks Sean. I run mostly at Watkins Glen so I'll shoot for 38-40 hot and see how they feel.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
neema said:
The 305/660s are an awesome deal if they're essentially R7s. What a cool opportunity

You guys might want to talk to Hoosier regarding the sidewall stiffness of the GT-Is compared to the R7s.

The R7 has a soft sidewall; if the GT-I does not share this construction, tire pressure info already shared for R7s will not be applicable.

My interpretation of the emails I received from Jeff at Hoosier (posted above) are that the GTO-I's are the same construction type as the GT-O's but with R7 tread compound.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I ran the R6's last season and they weer fine with my stock dampers and H&R race springs. I have the GT-I's now for this season, I'm told they are not as sticky as the R6's. TBD....

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel