The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Initial mods are done. Just need 500 more miles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brake cooling ducts - check
Transmission cooling scoop - check
Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge - check
Goodridge SS brake lines - check
Negative camber adj to -1.7 - check
Brake fluid flushed with ATE Super Blue - check
Enkei PF01 18 x 9.5 wheels with TPMS - check
Nitto NT01 275/40/18 tires - check
DBA 5000 2-piece rotors up front - check
DBA 4000 rotors rear - check
Hawk DTC 70/60 pads - Need to bed
Odometer 500 miles - Need to go drive some more :D

Am I missing anything ???

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
What happens if you install wheels w/o TPMS? I'm assuming the dash shows a warning...can you clear it? Is there a buzzer? Is it one-time or constant?

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
cloud9 said:

Helmet, game face, good night's rest, lucky rabbit's foot ...

I think you're covered Gary.

ArizonaGT said:
What happens if you install wheels w/o TPMS? I'm assuming the dash shows a warning...can you clear it? Is there a buzzer? Is it one-time or constant?
Haven't set it off on the Boss yet, but on the GT500 you get the little flat tire symbol on the speedo, and a "TPMS SENSOR FAULT" warning on the message display AND it dings at you. You can hit reset to get rid of the "TPMS SENSOR FAULT" but you can't make the flat tire symbol go away. I can't remember how often it dings and if it comes back. It's probably not necessary if you clear the display at engine startup every time as long as the dinger doesn't go off. The problem is you don't always get the fault right away. I've had it sometimes where you're on track in the second session even 4th lap and it goes off. That's the part I don't like.

Dig-It said:
cloud9 said:

Helmet, game face, good night's rest, lucky rabbit's foot ...

I think you're covered Gary.
Amen to the rabbit's foot....shiny side up.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Where's the super charger? ;)
LOL! Smart A$$. I can't wait until you finally get your car and don't have so much idle time. Then I can start pimping you about when you're getting the wheels painted white.

Speaking of, why aren't you driving the car now? Mother nature got your keys? :)

ufnavy06 said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
LOL! Smart A$$. I can't wait until you finally get your car and don't have so much idle time. Then I can start pimping you about when you're getting the wheels painted white.

Speaking of, why aren't you driving the car now? Mother nature got your keys? :)

Unfortunately had to work today. Tires are expensive :) Fortunately I had to go see a lot of customers :)

Wow - I don't know where you find all the time !
I'd say you've got everything covered. Let us know when you find a way to crack the TracKey code ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Haven't set it off on the Boss yet, but on the GT500 you get the little flat tire symbol on the speedo, and a "TPMS SENSOR FAULT" warning on the message display AND it dings at you. You can hit reset to get rid of the "TPMS SENSOR FAULT" but you can't make the flat tire symbol go away. I can't remember how often it dings and if it comes back. It's probably not necessary if you clear the display at engine startup every time as long as the dinger doesn't go off. The problem is you don't always get the fault right away. I've had it sometimes where you're on track in the second session even 4th lap and it goes off. That's the part I don't like.

Cool, thanks for the input. I guess I'll just have to see how annoying it is, the thought of paying for TPMS junk for track wheels and tires doesn't seem right.

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

Cool, thanks for the input. I guess I'll just have to see how annoying it is, the thought of paying for TPMS junk for track wheels and tires doesn't seem right.
I have a set of staggered 18 x 9.5 275/35/18 and 18 x 10.5 305/35/18 R888s with about half tread life from running on my GT500 last October that I'm bringing along. They have the old TPMS so won't work with the Boss. I'll be able to both test running a staggered set and the TPMS fault at the same time. I can let you know what it does. I hear you I don't like spending money on something I wish wasn't on the car to begin with.

DT

cloud9 said:
ufnavy06 said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:

Unfortunately had to work today. Tires are expensive :) Fortunately I had to go see a lot of customers :)

Tell me about it. When you get this age it's like haul baby haul, eh?

Checking: 432 miles.

See that 11.72 Quarter?

http://www.motorward.com/2011/03/2012-mustang-boss-302-quarter-mile-video/

TMO Supporting Vendors