The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Inline Brake Duct Fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone installed fans in their brake cooling ducts? I'm wondering if there is any real benefit to This, including the possibility of extending pad and/or rotor life or something else I'm not thinking of. If so, suggestions on which fans to go with would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sean

I don't know if it would be feasible. If my math is right, traveling at 80mph (7,040 feet per minute) and assuming a 4" diameter duct (0.087 sqft) equates to 614 cfm. The average bathroom fan is 300 cfm so you would need a fan twice as powerful to equal traveling at 80 mph.

Jabooh1 said:
I don't know if it would be feasible. If my math is right, traveling at 80mph (7,040 feet per minute) and assuming a 4" diameter duct (0.087 sqft) equates to 614 cfm. The average bathroom fan is 300 cfm so you would need a fan twice as powerful to equal traveling at 80 mph.

Ditto: If you already have ducts you would actually be restricting flow. Just more"technical bling" to waste money on.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel