The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Input on next set of track tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Haven't seen anybody respond on it, so maybe I'll be first. Getting the 325 SC3s put on Saturday, we'll see how it goes.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I’ve seen a picture of a GT350 with 325-25 square. So as long as there is clearance for the 30’s, I guess it should work
Interesting, don't think I've seen that profile. I do know, secondhand, of folks running 325/30/r19, so I'm giving it a go. I'll pick them up Saturday and run them at Barber the following weekend, so I can let you all know how it works out.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I think @boardkat mentioned he uses 335 square. Fairly certain he has different fenders though
I found his build thread and here's his summary on running 18x13 wheels up front with 335 tires:

Front
1.) Offset struts
2.) "Right-sized" piston or enlarged strut hole
3.) Camber plates
4.) More than -3.5 camber
5.) 700lbs+ 2.25ID 5" springs
6.) A BIG-ASS adapter (and not having an aversion to running one)
7.) Quik-Latch bumper attachment points
8.) Rolled/Pulled/Spaced fenders
9.) Fender liners removed
10.) Creative placement of various parts/lines
11.) Ability to stomach 2mm of inboard strut clearance and NO fender clearance with occasional rubbing/self-clearancing

Certainly more than I have done or plan to do on mine. Hopefully not necessary for 19x11.5 with 325s.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Interesting, don't think I've seen that profile. I do know, secondhand, of folks running 325/30/r19, so I'm giving it a go. I'll pick them up Saturday and run them at Barber the following weekend, so I can let you all know how it works out.
I'm having issues with sidewall wear, I also am running square 11.5's. Seems like the 3R/305's are too stretched on that wide of a rim, my were marks disappear after one session. How'd the 325's do??? I'm also probably going to run all the SPL parts up front with the Vorshlag so I can get at least 3*

I'm having issues with sidewall wear, I also am running square 11.5's. Seems like the 3R/305's are too stretched on that wide of a rim, my were marks disappear after one session. How'd the 325's do??? I'm also probably going to run all the SPL parts up front with the Vorshlag so I can get at least 3*

Tire stretch makes the sidewalls stiffer, its not the stretch that is making them wear on the edges. A lack of camber or too low pressures or both are your culprits. Per above you are less than 3*, which for a tire as grippy as a 3R is way not enough for most any setup on our cars.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I ran the 325s at Barber and they worked great. I did run a 3mm spacer on the rear as the tire was quite close to the parking brake bracket and the top shock mount so I wanted a little extra clearance. I had no rubbing issues and had great grip.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Phoenix
Tire stretch makes the sidewalls stiffer, its not the stretch that is making them wear on the edges. A lack of camber or too low pressures or both are your culprits. Per above you are less than 3*, which for a tire as grippy as a 3R is way not enough for most any setup on our cars.
Tru, but I can't get anymore camber with current setup, less than 1/2" away from struts, need to push the whole wheel assembly out a bit more, running 35mm spacers already

TMO Supporting Vendors