The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Install Cooling Fan Switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Loveland, CO
What is the best way to install a switch to turn the cooling fan on manually separate from the temps set in the ECU on a 2003 GT (2 valve)?

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I'll tell you what I did, but we can all debate the "best way."

I put a toggle switch in the fan relay ground wire. My switch has no hot wires except for the labels that light up when the switch is active I use the switch to ground the LED as well). I have to switch my fan on every time I run the car.

You may be able to run the ground wire in parallel with the relay signal so the fan will work normally until you force the ground to turn it on. You'll need to confirm this, though I don't see why it won't work.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel