The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installed alcantra shift/parking boot today along with MGW shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Easy to install no need for a how-to but here is some before and after pics.
BEFORE:
561808_406672019365375_100000677422918_1272732_1007453777_n.jpg

AFTER:
577172_406672132698697_100000677422918_1272735_155701179_n.jpg

548409_406672169365360_100000677422918_1272736_1202643941_n.jpg

Justin

ace72ace said:
Good work Justin!
thanks. took me a total of 2.5 hours. hardest part getting that damn rubber boot on the shifter.

oh and the transmission stays hot........forever.

Missed the UPS man again today by like 10 mins. So its at least another day till I get the driveshaft.

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
Looks great. If I install the shifter I'll replace the boots too while it's all apart. Any install tips?
Yeah the parking boot pull it from the rear upwards and the boot comes right out.

Justin

2boss2's said:
where did you get them?
I bought them at CJ pony parts they were on sale a few months ago. check out this tread details are in there
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/order-alcantara-shift-boot-and-parking-brake-boot/

Justin

Tflong24 said:
You installed both boots AND the shifter in 2.5 hours??
yeah thats including clean up time and taking the car on and off the ramps. its really not that bad. if you have ever done a set of headers on the mod motor then these bolts are super easy to get to compared to those of the headers. it helps that I can get my hands in tight places too

CaliMR said:
I still would rather it didn't have baseball stitching, but it looks really good. Nice work.
could you color the stitching with a marker to black. should last being inside the car. I have them sitting in my trunk waiting to install and that's what i planned to do.

Justin

2012boss said:
CaliMR said:
I still would rather it didn't have baseball stitching, but it looks really good. Nice work.
could you color the stitching with a marker to black. should last being inside the car. I have them sitting in my trunk waiting to install and that's what i planned to do.
you could I guess but you would have to be deadly accurate with the sharpe as the boot color is grey and stray marks would show.

2012boss said:
CaliMR said:

That is what I said in the other thread ;D

Rick,
See the original post; Parking Brake boot;
http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-parking-brake-boot-alcantara-2010-2012/p/PBB1/

TMO Supporting Vendors