The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installed JLT Oil Separator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Fat Boss said:
The PCV valve on the PASS side has a little check valve or ball or some other restriction in it. Apparently it is able to be modified by removing this restriction. The benefit is the DRI side will be less likely to puke oil all over the engine compartment. They do this mod on the race cars, but they use a canister on the firewall. Both PCV valves feed into a T that goes to the canister as I recall.

Andy
Confirmed. ;)
cloud9 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
Got mine installed this week, I took out the PCV and at first was unsure if the PCV valve was a part of the blue plastic tube or not. I found out that is all one piece so I broke the valve out leaving only the hollow blue tube that will attach to the hose. It took the computer a little while to re-learn the idle which I expected. Have a track day tomorrow and then I will see if there are any issues, which I doubt.
Let's get Scotty, he'll try anything ;D. Seriously thanks for trying this. Anxious for results.

PCV is going back in now. I had it out and really did not notice any difference with more or less oil on the drivers side. Anyway I had the car at the dealer to have the seat cover replaced. Drove easy on the way there and parked it in the service bay. When they started it to move it out back it was smoking like crazy, filled up half the drive through.

I was freaking out that I toasted the motor but it turned out it is because of the valve not being there.

5 DOT 0 said:
JLT makes mounts for the top of the can and I'm going to look for a spot to mount it but I'm not optimistic. The Moroso can mounts to the shock tower and the 302R's mounts their larger cans on the firewall by the battery. The current JLT is clean and simple but reliability looks to be an issue...

I like the Mini S. 8)

That's why I went Moroso. Not crazy about the shock tower mount (especially since it's designed for the GT and has to be used in a different fashion on the Boss) but the unit is built like a tank and the drain valve is convenient. After 3 track events I drained it and got about an ounce of oil.

I called JLT and they are sending me all new aluminum pieces as well as a spare 90 degree piece as they don't make those in aluminum. Great customer service!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel