The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installed Metra Touchscreen Dash Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those both look really great! I noticed before purchasing mine that the sound quality was not the best and was considering updating the speakers and possibly a head unit of some sort. These look awesome!

Looks great...very nice! I wonder if you could upload a track app for timing or somehow integrate a data logging system?

knappj69 said:
All purchased off Ebay and Amazon. Saved over $700 purchasing this way. Saw and tested everything i wanted at the local audio store then went shopping on-line.

I do the same thing with almost every electronic's purchase I make. Gotta love Ebay and Amazon! Unless you are/were heavily invested in Best Buy stock. :'( I read somewhere a while back that this is one of the main contributors to the struggles of Best Buy and other home/car entertainment retailers.

Best buy charge's msrp unless it's on sale. Supposedly they'll price match any store online or brick and mortar, haven't tried it yet.

Very nice setup, im looking to do the same thing but with the Sony XAV-601BT so I can use the MirrorLink feature.. But can you post some pics of how you mounted/installed the 8" sub.. Also was installing the new receiver difficult? I've never done a stereo install but I don't imagine it's too complicated?!?!

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just had a total knee replacement, and have been gone a few weeks.

Crutchfield is one of the few sources I could find for the Alpine hardware I needed, so I probably paid more than I could have. The head unit was $1400.00, and the perfect fit kit was $300.00 (it normally retails for $600.00, but if you buy the stereo from Crutchfield, the kit is 1/2 off). The perfect fit kit includes the wiring harness as well as the steering wheel controls adapter for full functionality of the steering wheel controls. I also added a PAC TR-7 module to defeat the moving vehicle restrictions, so I can enter set up at any time, as well as play DVD's while driving if I were so inclined. It would be nicer to have the head unit on top, but I have become accustomed to the location it is in. You can tilt the head unit up a bit for easier viewing, and the screen is so large that you can usually pick up the info you need with a quick glance.

TMO Supporting Vendors