The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installed my new CF Style Dash Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deerslayer I ordered a bunch of cf parts from trucarbon (hood vents, mirror covers, coolant reservoir cover, decklid delete, and battery/master cylinder cover) and agree that they are top quality when it comes to carbon fiber. The only reason why I'm considering this kit is because they have a piece for every interior part. The main part I want to change is the dashboard surround and I'd hate to mix and match carbon fiber interior pieces from different brands

Deerslayer said:
I hear ya, not meaning my above post about your kit, I am just warning anyone from buying that gloss CF kit from American Muscle. It will ruin your interior. The residue was so bad on the console, it was impossible to remove without taking the finish off. Had we not gone with real carbon fiber replacement pieces, I would have had to buy a new oem console. The 3M type tape backing they used covered the entire pieces and bubbled within months.

Ah, gotcha.
Yeah, I've followed your build and love the trucarbon parts you installed :) You guys put that car together quickly!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel