The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installed some new mods on my Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Great thanks for doing all the research. I'm sure I'll be in touch to get all the specific parts. I just need a few track days this spring to establish a new baseline of lap times after all the winter mods.

I had no doubt......it was only a matter of time!

The stance looks fantastic! It's perfect at that ride height.

We were just talking about the FRPP suspension in this thread: https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/lowering-springs/45/

I have a couple questions:

Do you know what the part number is for the strut/shock combo? I know FRPP offers two different adjustable kits. I am 99.9% sure I know which one you have...

How did you corner weight the car? The suspension is not ride height adjustable...

Do you have any lap times to compare before and after?

Thanks for posting and doing the research! Very valuable to the community... I am definitely interested in the info on the 302s springs you got your hands on. You will be getting a PM. Thanks again.

Boss3o2

adam81 said:
The stance looks fantastic! It's perfect at that ride height.

We were just talking about the FRPP suspension in this thread: https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/lowering-springs/45/

I have a couple questions:

Do you know what the part number is for the strut/shock combo? I know FRPP offers two different adjustable kits. I am 99.9% sure I know which one you have...

How did you corner weight the car? The suspension is not ride height adjustable...

Do you have any lap times to compare before and after?

Thanks for posting and doing the research! Very valuable to the community... I am definitely interested in the info on the 302s springs you got your hands on. You will be getting a PM. Thanks again.

I'll get those part numbers for you on Monday. I have everything listed on my invoice. As for the corner balance, I guess breezed a little too quick through that post. I meant to say the car was taken over to Pruetts, who specializes in Corner Balancing and Lowered vehicles. :)

As for the springs. No problem! I am glad I have the opportunity of contributing back to the Boss community. If you need the shocks as well, let me know.

Which shop are you referring to when you say Pruetts?

adam81 said:
cloud9 said:
Great thanks for doing all the research. I'm sure I'll be in touch to get all the specific parts. I just need a few track days this spring to establish a new baseline of lap times after all the winter mods.

I had no doubt......it was only a matter of time!
I haven't actually done anything...... yet ;D

Boss3o2

5 DOT 0 said:
Which shop are you referring to when you say Pruetts?

Pruett Custom Alignment Shop. Scott (the owner) is a Boneville Land Speed record holder, and one down to earth guy. They specialize in custom spec alignments, and corner balancing. Plus, they have pits instead of racks, so any lowered vehicle will not have an issue.

drano38 said:
Boss3o2,
Nice pics!
The black LS always looks great.

Yes, indeed they are. Just was not feeling the stink bug ride height :)

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer our questions and post pictures ;D

No problem at all. If anyone has or needs any help that I can provide, feel free to PM me.

Eric

The stance looks amazing!

Just like others can you provide the part numbers for these items? I was looking at the bump steering kit on the steed site, but I couldn't find the "center roll ball joint kit" that you talked about. Could you shed some light on this please.

Thank you

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
How's the ground clearance on the car now that it sits lower? Any issues with the side pipes scrapping on speedbumps and driveways?

Heck with side-pipes, how about the transmission cooler / scoop?

JScheier said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
How's the ground clearance on the car now that it sits lower? Any issues with the side pipes scrapping on speedbumps and driveways?

Heck with side-pipes, how about the transmission cooler / scoop?
Or newly installed World Challenge splitter lol. I'm surprised I haven't buried mine in a driveway or speed bump yet :eek:

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:

I keep looking at the photos, blowing them up, can't see the scoop. Definitely like the amount of drop, and that's about the drop I was looking at doing with adjustable height coilovers...but I already have nightmares about ripping the scoop off should I go potato (or alfalfa) farmin'!

JScheier said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:

I keep looking at the photos, blowing them up, can't see the scoop. Definitely like the amount of drop, and that's about the drop I was looking at doing with adjustable height coilovers...but I already have nightmares about ripping the scoop off should I go potato (or alfalfa) farmin'!
(or alfalfa) ;D In reality the scoop's a cheap off. The splitter (even) the factory one will do more damage by taking other stuff with it. The scoop should actually mow the alfalfa quite efficiently I would think, but if you're worried about it just take it into Ace Hardware's blade sharpening shop ;) The splitter's pretty dull and would be more likely to get hung up.

The scoop doesn't hang too low, unless it is muddy or really soft dirt it probably won't do much. I was worried about it before I put mine on, as I have a bit of a history of searching for arrowheads on the infield. Tires take a beating more than anything out here, as the dirt hard but full of flint.

Hello looking at your lower control arm angle i think you miss a part . You mite want to put these on to fix the lower control arm angle http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-lca-relocation-bracket-0512.html I ran some BRM lower control arm relocation brackets when i was running my steeda sport springs.

Here a Pic. of the rear end at the factory with bracket install http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8123/fordmustangboss30214.jpg

The scoop does hang low and I have banged mine twice now at two different tracks (plus one on the street). I may scale it back and see how that works or take it off completely before it does more damage then good.

TMO Supporting Vendors