The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Installed this little modification on the CO Boss today ------

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice. I've been trying to figure out what to do about the antenna. I never listen to over the air radio, so been trying to figure out some sort of cap.

CaliMR, the cap you want is an Antenna Delete. UPR Products has them as do others. I was originally going to Antenna Delete mine but ended up going for the 5". I also am going to try the 3.5" Gloss Black from UPR Products too.

Thank you for the info. I don't think I have turned on the regular radio in any of my cars in a decade ;D

Though I did have to download all my music off my thumb drive and turn it into CDs for this car.

The delete says up to 09 Mustangs, 10 was the new body style right? Did they change the receptacle?

It's 2012! I don't understand why Mustangs still have the funky long antennas. They should be small and integrated into the roof like the ones on BMW's. Even the Challenger and Camaro have these style antennas. I was also gonna buy the BBR antenna. Looks much better than stock. 8)

BLAZN BOSS

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
It's 2012! I don't understand why Mustangs still have the funky long antennas. They should be small and integrated into the roof like the ones on BMW's. Even the Challenger and Camaro have these style antennas. I was also gonna buy the BBR antenna. Looks much better than stock. 8)
I know its a preference thing..........but i wouldnt want a shark fin on my car. LOL

Nav on my old car was an antenna inside the dash (not on the dash), Camaro the radio antenna is inside the wing right? Whip antenna is to save money, as is the shark fin. My old car also had the radio antenna in one of the back side windows.

SouthJerseyBoss said:
Hey, that looks nice. How hard was the install with respect to access and wiring?

This was a direct replacement for the longer antenna. Two steps:

1. Unscrew old antenna
2. Screw on new BBR antenna.

I really like the look.

I installed the UPR one today. Will post those picts too.

BossTXB said:
SouthJerseyBoss said:
Hey, that looks nice. How hard was the install with respect to access and wiring?

This was a direct replacement for the longer antenna. Two steps:

1. Unscrew old antenna
2. Screw on new BBR antenna.

I really like the look.

I installed the UPR one today. Will post those picts too.

Which one do you prefer? The BBR or UPR?

Installed the "swirl" base UPR one today. The "swirl" base affixes to the rubber base with the help of the 3.5" antenna(so no removal of the bottom required which is very nice). A slight color difference but it's not bad at all.

I have to say I like the UPR one the best thus far ----- for the Gloss Black and swirl base look. I also really like the BBR one too but UPR wins out for now. Both of these DO NOT require removal of the base.

UPRAntenna5.png

UPRAntenna4.png

UPRAntenna3.png

UPRAntenna2.png

UPRAntenna1.png

CaliMR said:
The base is huge. Even the delete would be too big. Somebody needs to come out with a flat base replacement delete.

CaliMR, I agree. I looked for other deletes but ended up with the short stubby.

Stubby is definitely better, and better than the piece of duct tape I used on my track car for a while :p

Though really, the fact that the antenna is one of the big complaints about the car just shows how good of a car it is ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors