The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

insurance sell back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my boss was totaled. I'm gonna try to upload a picture but can't figure it out right now from my phone. They want to sell it to me for 14k can I get my money back?

If you buy it back what are your plans for it? Repair it yourself and track it? If you plan on repairing you should look into your states rules on that. I have heard getting a totaled car approved here in MA is tough and/or a pain. I think you have to have the state police inspect it.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
jfolsom28 said:
So my boss was totaled. I'm gonna try to upload a picture but can't figure it out right now from my phone. They want to sell it to me for 14k can I get my money back?

Sorry to hear. Hope you are ok. What happenned? What are they giving you w/out you buying it back? And do you want it back? What are your plans if you do buy it back?

How bad was your Boss hurt to be totaled? They totaled my '04 GT because the frame was bent among other things. The payout was almost $13Kalmost a year & a half ago. I'm sure your Boss fetched between 35k & 40k...am I close? Sorry to hear about your loss.

I checked into buying Fat Boss's Boss for the same price. Unless you own your own body shop or plan on doing the body work yourself you won't make any money. Maybe parting it out you can make a few bucks. Remember it will have a salvaged title so that knocks the value down and any potential buyer will not be able to finance it. Now if you're going to make it a track only car it might make sense.

VWGTI123 said:
Sorry to hear. Hope you are ok. What happenned? What are they giving you w/out you buying it back? And do you want it back? What are your plans if you do buy it back?
Ya I'm fine surprisingly. I hydroplaned on the highway and hit a tree off of the highway. Hit it at close to 60 in the right front. The frame is fine the quarter panel is gone and the right front suspension is ripped off completly. But they gave me 40k for the car they are also paying tax and title for the new one. The car had 11, 000 miles on it so it was a ok deal. The thing is i have no idea how much it is going to cost to get back right to make it a track car.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
at SEMA this past fall, a company was showcasing their 1970 BOSS 302 conversion for the 2005+ mustang platform. They take a customer's donor car and exchange/graft on a complete fiberglass body and the end result is a modern classic car. that's what I would do with it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhgYKnT2OM[/youtube]

Yeah I bet that is expensive as well, but would look awesome on a converted GT sitting next to my BOSS... (If only they did a 70's version)... guess I better start saving up!

Sorry to hear about your BOSS, Just so I understand, you totaled it, and now the insurance wants to sell it back to you? So i assume you already cashed in on the LOSS of the vehicle, otherwise the Insurance technically doesn't own the car yet, unless they have already compensated you for the loss.

If it were me, depending on the amount I got out of the loss (which since I am with Grundy would be $50K), I would put that money towards a "New or slightly used" BOSS, there are plenty still out there to be sold, its just a matter of finding them.

TMO Supporting Vendors