The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now that the car is here, I suppose that I should see about insurance. I remember that some were able to get better rates going through specialty carriers because of the low volume nature, but other than Hagerty, I can't remember any of them. I tried a keyword search and came up empty. Can anyone point me to the other insurers?

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
My Boss is insured with Hagerty, I am happy with the rate.. About 600 a year for guaranteed coverage. Only downside, car should not be driven more than 3500 miles a year i think. Try Grundy.

Safeco, $ 1,350 a year with full coverage. 9K a year mileage. Yeah its high but I live in the worst zip code around( San Gabriel Valley, SoCal). It actually went down from my focus I traded in. Its all about where you live.

I just added it to my AAA, I have maxed everything except medical and it costs less than my Tundra and more than my E30. Something like $800 per year.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
Hambone said:
Safeco, $ 1,350 a year with full coverage. 9K a year mileage. Yeah its high but I live in the worst zip code around( San Gabriel Valley, SoCal). It actually went down from my focus I traded in. Its all about where you live.

Well said.. I should have been more specific, I am on Long Island NY - but the key thing that I was looking for was guaranteed replacement coverage for 40k+ No deductable and the mileage part was not a problem b/c I wont be driving my car more than the mileage restriction. Conventional insurance would be more than double. But that is my situation, depends on where you live and your wants/needs. Do your due dilligence and shop around. A few phone calls and searching the web can save you hundreds!

I pay just over $500 a year for 6,000 mile use as a leisure vehicle through Wawanesa with a $1K deductible. And that's in CA with maximum liability insurance.

With USAA I pay $850/year with a $250 deductible on full coverage with no limitations on mileage. That's with a wife who likes to get speeding tickets and a recent claim on 2 vehicles.

Premium $578/annual; Insured value $50,000; $500 deductible; 6K annual miles

Leland-West Insurance Brokers, Inc.
P. O. Box 26420, Fresno CA 93729-6420
(800) 237-4722

It all depends on your driving record, age and the state you live in. You will get numbers all over the place. I'm 37, married, own a house and don't rent, the car is garaged and is a third vehicle and gets driven less than 3000 miles a year. No accidents on my record. My quote from Hagerty was $1056 per year. My quote from Heacock was $540 a year...go figure. Needless to say I went with Heacock.

cbj5259 said:
It all depends on your driving record, age and the state you live in. You will get numbers all over the place. I'm 37, married, own a house and don't rent, the car is garaged and is a third vehicle and gets driven less than 3000 miles a year. No accidents on my record. My quote from Hagerty was $1056 per year. My quote from Heacock was $540 a year...go figure. Needless to say I went with Heacock.

Same story for me. Same age and car situation. Paying $475 for 5000 miles per year and $1k deductible in the state of Massachusetts. Was expecting a lot more cost and was pleasantly surprised. Have not yet gotten insurance for track use yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors