The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what insurance are you using? does it include track useage or does it exclude it? Is hagerty any good?

Boss Ls said:
what insurance are you using? does it include track useage or does it exclude it? Is hagerty any good?

Grundy and Hagerty are two well known companies. There is also American Collector and others. JCTaylor is one I personally stay away from, my father had big problems (claim on a 57 Bird) with them and many of his friends cancelled their policies after that.

For me Grundy came up with the best price (much cheaper then Hagerty) but the coverage is about the same on all of them. Some have a hard mile restriction and others just require it is not a DD.

They do not offer track insurance but do not drop you if you track the car, you are just not covered out there.

More here
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/insurance-491678/?highlight=insurance

I am using Hagerty and i've used them for my other mustangs as well, I may have to look at Grundy though if it's cheaper!!! They do not cover it when you track the car but you can buy track insurance seperately from other insurance providers. I was quoted 6 track events for $1350, that was $45k in coverage.

Track coverage is not cheap, then again the car is not cheap also! Grundy was about $100 cheaper per 6 months, I am paying about the same amount less (200yr) then my dad is paying with Hagerty for a 57 T-Bird and the (new) Boss is covered for more.

TMO Supporting Vendors