The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Integrated Spotter Mirrors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss3o2

Hey everyone.

I tried searching for this topic, and did not have any luck finding any information.

I own a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. On my Window Sticker under "SAFETY/SECURITY" Equipment. It lists "INTEGRATED SPOTTER MIRROR". However, my Boss does not have the spotter mirrors.

Has this happen to anyone else here? Not that its a big thing or anything, but I have always like the spotter mirrors for blind spots. Especially at the track....

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
If you take a look at your window sticker again you will also see it says your LS is a 4 passenger sports car also. I'm looking at my LS window sticker and I do not see a mirror mentioned anywhere. Well I guess we should not take this document too seriously should we?

MMD

Boss3o2

MakeMyDay said:
If you take a look at your window sticker again you will also see it says your LS is a 4 passenger sports car also. I'm looking at my LS window sticker and I do not see a mirror mentioned anywhere. Well I guess we should not take this document too seriously should we?

MMD

Mine says 2 passenger. :p

Plus, you really could not hold them to this, as its an obvious error. However, the mirrors, if its under the listed items. Then that means you essentially paid for them. I want my Spotter mirrors!

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
The 2012 LS did not come with the integrated spotter mirrors. It was probably one of those items that did not contribute to the performance of the vehicle so it was omitted. My window sticker also lists the spotter mirrors.

Dark Horse said:
The 2012 LS did not come with the integrated spotter mirrors. It was probably one of those items that did not contribute to the performance of the vehicle so it was omitted. My window sticker also lists the spotter mirrors.
Yep, the Boss has them but they were omitted on the LS.

I really dislike them, as I like having my mirrors set wide anyways. If they were going to put them, they should have been the inner edge type to aid in parking and see motorcycles trying to scrape your quarters.

For the track, put some blue tape. Still sucks it takes up the most useful part of the mirror.

5 DOT 0 said:
PeteInCT said:
Ok I give up -what the heck are spotter mirrors ?
There's these little mirrors in your big side mirrors. If you look real close you'll see NASCAR spotters with radios watching who's moving up behind you. ;)

2012-ford-mustang-rear-mirror.jpg

That is exactly what I mean, why is his own car taking up most of the mirror? That car behind should have been visible in the main part of the mirror if set properly.

Read on this forum or another months ago where someone actually went back to the dealership and got a reimbursement check for the mirrors missing ( but invoiced) on his LS. I'm in the unique situation of having owned both a standard Boss and now a LS,.... first thing I missed was those spotter mirrors.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I rather like them. At first I didnt but once I got used to them I hardly ever have to look back to see if some one is in my blind spot. makes city driving much better.

I also like them and do not think they take up much of the mirror. Having said that I never find them useful on the track like the street since it would take too long to look at them. Besides if you don't know what is behind you on track long before they are in your blind spot you are missing something.

Boss3o2 said:
Hey everyone.

I tried searching for this topic, and did not have any luck finding any information.

I own a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. On my Window Sticker under "SAFETY/SECURITY" Equipment. It lists "INTEGRATED SPOTTER MIRROR". However, my Boss does not have the spotter mirrors.

Has this happen to anyone else here? Not that its a big thing or anything, but I have always like the spotter mirrors for blind spots. Especially at the track....

If its invoiced bring it to the attention of your dealer,.... get a check or have them installed then update us.

Are the mirrors internally the same? Maybe if they are easy to swap, someone with a 12 would want the non-spotter mirrors.

TMO Supporting Vendors