The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Interesting Camaro5 Forum Discussion between the Boss and 1LE.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302 said:
If price is an issue, then a stripped down track pack 5.0 would still be better than any Camaro.

It's true that the 'Vettes are the only real competition for track Mustangs. At 50% to double the price more...they should be.
Yep. You really can't beat a Track Pack 5.0 for the money. You get a VERY competitive car for just slightly over $30k.

Agreed that at $80+k a Z06 should beat a $43k Boss....and probably by a lot more than it does.

Reading threads over there is always good for laughs. Way too much blind fanboyism. I'll believe the hype when REAL comparisons come out.

I drove the SS and hated it, I never looked back. Plus I think they are ugly inside and out. Then my sister got a V6 as a loaner car (from Ford ::) ) and I drove that and actually really liked it other than the completely gutless motor and the auto. The SS drove like a boat, the V6 sort of shrank around me and was actually fun. I still think the interior is horrible (though the Boss honestly is no contest winner, especially the plastic dash inserts which look Kia to me), but functionally it was superior imo. Better riding position, steering wheel in the right place and at the right angle, most of the gauges not blocked by the wheel, seats were decent except for the hump right below the head rest. That all said, (other than mechanical gremlins I have had) I picked the Boss and have never looked back. I kind of wish I hadn't sold my Evo just for use on rainy days, because it 4 wheel drifted like a Boss ( ;D) but for only one car this is the one.

I had four 2010 Camaros (Two 1SS, One 1LT RS, and a 2LT RS). I bought them to flip but I kept the 2LT RS for 4 months roughly and besides the huge visablity issues and seating, I found steering feel was no comparison at all. The camaros have felt beyond heavy while I was sterring them, I even drove a 2010 GT conveetible at this time and I said that I had to go back to Mustangs solely because of the huge difference in the steering feel. Also the trunk is joke on the camaros, I had to load some large rolls of roofing patch in mine and I seriously to this day don't know how I got them in sich a small opening.

Now I will say one redeeming fact I had while driving a 1SS, I was able to go up to 126 MPH on the highway in traffic without realizing it until a Volkswagon GTI was revving beyond belief to stay with me. SO I will say they are quite.

I'd post on there offering to meet up with one of them and play cars, but I don't want to join the site.

And I mean play, not piss on each other. There is an expression about how they have never made a motorcycle that was not fun, well my guess is that the 1LE is a fun car too. Hell, if the guy wasn't a goober I would probably even switch cars for a few miles. Assuming the 1LE comes with a stick.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
CaliMR said:
I'd post on there offering to meet up with one of them and play cars, but I don't want to join the site.

And I mean play, not piss on each other. There is an expression about how they have never made a motorcycle that was not fun, well my guess is that the 1LE is a fun car too. Hell, if the guy wasn't a goober I would probably even switch cars for a few miles. Assuming the 1LE comes with a stick.

IF...GOOBER...CAMARO ...I don't follow you ;) ;D

I'd run with/against one at the track with my Boss in stock trim. I doubt you or I would get any takers.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
Stock for stock isn't fair, the Camaro would have too much drag from the mullet flapping in the wind ;D
lol thats funny

I have dealt with a huge chevy fanboy most my life. there is no arguing with them. even after you wipe the floor with them they will still talk crap and say if xy or z was driving etc. best thing is just to crack a small smile and just agree with them and move on.

the best line I have heard from this fan boy was "my duramax with a chip can beat any ford built to this day or in the future" this is the kind of stupidity I have typically found with chevy fans. no offense to anyone but this is how 98% think that I have come across.

I respect the Camaro5 members in that I've never, that I can remember, seen one come into the Shelby or Boss forums I got to and talk trash about the Mustang. We all have our preferences and one can argue either using different select facts or road tests. I don't care about their opinions or preferences just as I hope they don't care about mine!

I hope we never get into a tit for tat cross site argument...those never end well.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Zquez said:
My girlfriend likes camaros better than mustangs. :eek: But shes a girl, so her opinion doesn't count. 8)
lol
I really dont care what their opinion is on mustangs. I like them I know they are faster lol. how they look is a matter of personal opinion.

Justin said:
lol
I really dont care what their opinion is on mustangs. I like them I know they are faster lol. how they look is a matter of personal opinion.

Same here. I know that they outperform them in every way, and I'd still like mustangs better even if they didn't. My girl is from long island and even though shes been in NC for longer now, I have a feeling the gawdy gweedo camaro culture is programmed somewhere deep in her psyche.

Bottom line all of you but a few are missing the point. The fact that the pony wars have come back is good for all. The manufacturers are having a blast playing tit for tat and we get a much better product. Let us hope that this arguement continues and is not settled. As long as the brands keep duking it out we get better and better products.
By the way I was a dealer certified Chevy mechanic years ago. I have always been a Chevy guy but I own a DD 2012 Boss now. I love my Boss but it could be better. IMO Ford is giving us a much better product in the retro wars.
The pony wars will end quickly as they have done before. In my dreams the domestic car makers will continue this in the 3 to 3.5 liter class. I want to kick the ass of a M3 in a car made in the U.S. with a smaller motor than it has (on the track) before I die.
Bruce

TMO Supporting Vendors