The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Interesting comment on the Boss CAI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJWANNABE said:
Boss949 said:
5 DOT 0,

No, I didn't .....

Don't let them charge you for topping off your power steering fluid either.... ;)
LOL.
One thing about most (if not all ) of us Boss owners, we have a good sense of humor. I enjoy reading this stuff.

Actually, we have a long term relationship with the selling dealer, so I got a lot of breaks for the things that were done prior to delivery. Purchased in Orlando, live in DFW and so far my service experience in Dallas has been real good also. Next time, I will definitely ask to get the PS topped off!

Just realized, this is really off the original subject. My apologies.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
5 DOT 0 said:
Boss949 said:
As for the 2013 not having a skip shift? I had the dealer disconnect mine. Build date 5/22/12
I hope you didn't pay for that. :p

Yeah hopefully you didn't pay for that haha. Kinda scary that they even agreed to disable something that doesn't exist...

I just remembered how the "disconnect order" came about.

Because of reading about this on the forum and other things such as "restrictor plate removal"; I informed the Service Manager. I told him that supposedly the 2013 had no "skip shift". At that time he said that he didn't think that was correct.

Called me back with the news that in fact there was a skip shift solenoid and it had beed disconnected by his tech.

So, thanks to the Forum!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss949 said:

Because of reading about this on the forum and other things such as "restrictor plate removal"; I informed the Service Manager. I told him that supposedly the 2013 had no "skip shift". At that time he said that he didn't think that was correct.

Called me back with the news that in fact there was a skip shift solenoid and it had beed disconnected by his tech.

So, thanks to the Forum!
right from ford racings site about the trackey software. I would like to see pics of this disconnected solenoid...
Skip-shift disable (Available for 2012 Boss 302, not necessary on 2013 model)

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13484

Boss949 said:

So, thanks to the Forum!
That still doesn't explain that there is no skip shift on the 2013 cars. ;) Removing the skip shift code is the main difference between the 2012 and 2013 TK tune software. See below.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13484

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
It maybe a difference in the software or maybe just that they left out the solenoid. I also don't think this is indicative of a problem with skip shift as much as them realizing that most people didn't want it the first place.

PeteInCT said:
It maybe a difference in the software or maybe just that they left out the solenoid. I also don't think this is indicative of a problem with skip shift as much as them realizing that most people didn't want it the first place.

Exactly! I just tried to call the Service Manager to try and get a verification from him and his tech. This might make a new good thread?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel