The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Interesting facts from owners kit book

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I finally took time to read the book that came in our owners kit(after a year and a half). I read some things I didn't know. I will post page numbers later but here are a few. Sorry if these are known facts, but I think some are still argued and discussed.

1. It was stated that by removing the side exhaust plates you do gain reduced back pressure and a small power gain.

2. The brakes on the Boss are from the GT500(2010 I assume)

3. In a couple areas it is stated you DO gain low end torque with the track key. Although the the amount is never stated. It also states on one page the track key changes 600 parameters, on another 200.

There were a few more things, I will have to open the book again and post them.

I've read the whole book and it's a good read for sure. Lot's of interesting info in it.

Tflong24 said:
1. It was stated that by removing the side exhaust plates you do gain reduced back pressure and a small power gain.
I've chatted with the engineer that worked on the exhaust and he confirmed there is a slight increase in HP from removing the discs. My last two track days I removed the discs but mainly for the sound. ;D The same engineer also recommended the GT500 mufflers which I'm using. There's a couple of more HP by reducing the backpressure but not much. It's a bigger gain when using FI.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel