The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Interesting Track Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Rick, I'm looking into them.

steveespo said:
My 3/8" torque wrench goes down to 10 ft/lbs, some don't no worries.
I also have been using the speed bleeder for over a year now and 12 track days without issue. The only difference between a normal bleede and the Russell's is the check valve that prevents air being drawn back in during bleeding. When seated both type rely on the needle/seat seal between the bottom of the bleeder and the caliper port seat. If the check valve breaks, the speed bleeder would still act as a regular bleeder.

Steve, only my opinion on the bleeders. I say this because I had a problem with them and also I look into what race teams are doing. I have not done any real testing. It is good that most are working but at this point I really do not trust them for track use, I have spoke with others that have similar problems on track with these. Keep a close eye them in the mean time and make sure they are not wet. To save a few seconds on a brake bleed for me is not worth the risk of thousands of dollars in damage, even if the risk is small it is still there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel