The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

interior roof lights won't turn off?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope this is just me being an idiot but ... my interior roof lights won't turn off!
Pressing the two buttons does nothing, they just stay on. It wasn't like that when I first got the car. This is highly annoying when driving in the dark.

Also, when I lock the car these lights stay on REALLY long. I was at Fatboss' place tonight and his turned off pretty much immediately. Mine took minutes before they finally turned off.

Is there some way in which I 'activated' this behavior? I would like to turn it off. I figured before I go to the dealer I'll ask if there's some button that me or my wife accidentally pushed somewhere...

Check your dash dimmer wheel and make sure it wasn't turned all the way until it clicks. Not sure about the Boss but that would do what you're describing on other cars I've owned.

cloud9 said:
Check your dash dimmer wheel and make sure it wasn't turned all the way until it clicks. Not sure about the Boss but that would do what you're describing on other cars I've owned.

Yep that was it. I was being an idiot. :eek:

TheMarco said:
cloud9 said:

Yep that was it. I was being an idiot. :eek:
Make sure you check your oil. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors