The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would personally like to thank Cloud9 for providing me information this morning for the OE GT350 wheels. Based on this here is the info we have

Factory GT350 wheels

19x10.5 ET 30
19x11 ET 62

Based on this and the R spec wheels the vehicle has enough space to make this work ! Concavity will vary a tad for adjustments but other then that we should be golden.

If you're in the snow belt like me, I know trr ack season seems far away, but there is a lead time to this project so we really do need to get moving if we want wheels when the spring thaw hits. I encourage everyone that has a GT350 on order to get their orders placed so we can be ready for next season. They need 40 orders to launch this lroduct and we have a good start, but need to get the rest signed up to make it happen.

SinisterX said:
The R spec would be lighter than the regular ?
They should be approximately 8 or more lbs lighter per wheel compared to the stock GT350 wheels.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Can't help you guys with this go-round but I hope this gets off the ground. Thinking to get an S550 GT towards the end of next year and these would be great...

SinisterX said:
The R spec would be lighter than the regular ?

As VooDooBOSS stated yes based on the intel that Cloud9 provided us these Spun forged wheels will be ~6 + lbs lighter then the GT350 OEM wheels. Less weight the better of course.

Alright guys so after a day full of discussions and once again listening to the end users ( you guys)

We have decided on our official finishes !

Satin Black and Satin Graphite

We want to thank everyone for their help !

Need4SpeedMotors said:
Of course brotha

The wheels will be made in the manufacturing location in Tawian. The wheels are created by using a high power Spun Forge machined ( exact brand I dont know personally, location of manufacturing for the machine is in Germany) .

Yes sir most members seem to be ordering the Gloss Black

Just had the pleasure speaking to Nick and assisting him as well as Mike, Spoke to Gary he will be getting me some info I asked from him. Im speaking to Moto right now as well to get his setup and finalized. This is an amazing turn around and sign of support within 24 hours to have 7 orders allocated is a honor by all means.

With this support I believe we will definitely get the necessary amount of orders to make this a reality.

Just thought i'd chime in, I have Chinse made Vorshalg D-force wheels in my S197 made using a similar technology that starts with an aluminum casting - they are 20lbs 18x10 and very very strong - surviving not only punishing driving on smooth surfaces with high grip, but also the Michigan pot holes, and these say 'competition use' on them! So don't be afraid of Asian cast flow form / spin formed wheels.

Hey guys sorry for the late update, its been a hectic day.

We have received another 2 pre orders.

Also we have completed the 15 promo pre orders. However being that its the holiday season and we here at N4SM would like to Give thanks to the amazing members. We have extended the promo pricing for This week and next Monday !

Need4SpeedMotors said:
Hey guys sorry for the late update, its been a hectic day.

We have received another 2 pre orders.

Also we have completed the 15 promo pre orders. However being that its the holiday season and we here at N4SM would like to Give thanks to the amazing members. We have extended the promo pricing for This week and next Monday !
Great news Paul! Definitely would make a good Christmas present. Just think guys, you'd be doing your wife a favor by making her Christmas shopping easy this year :)

cloud9 said:
Great news Paul! Definitely would make a good Christmas present. Just think guys, you'd be doing your wife a favor by making her Christmas shopping easy this year :)

Lol havent thought of it that way but yes , yes that would make it much more simpler for her.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Need4SpeedMotors said:
Lol havent thought of it that way but yes , yes that would make it much more simpler for her.

Paul. You are new here, so allow me to explain. :eek: :eek:

When buying essentials for our Mustangs, we always take our wives into consideration. Right guys!!!! ;D

TMSBOSS said:
Paul. You are new here, so allow me to explain. :eek: :eek:

When buying essentials for our Mustangs, we always take our wives into consideration. Right guys!!!! ;D

Haha well I appreciate the explanation. I'm not married yet, but my GF does give me hell most of the time when im modding up my ride. So ive learned the give and take I get to do what I want to my car and increase my firearm collection, but I have to get her something as well.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Sounds reasonable.

I have two Mustangs and a Few weapons. From Flint Locks to M1A and SVD as well as a Few pistols.

I too know that I have to take care of the one who takes care of me. The secret to keeping her happy is to not make her mad. As simple as that sounds, it has worked for me.

Nice to see you and your company on the site.

Happy Thanksgiving.

TMO Supporting Vendors