The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introduction time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally have a chance to sit down and bang out a formal introduction.

Me: I come from the euro world--BMWs to be specific. Just sold a museum piece of an E36 M3 cause I wanted something that I didn't mind eating in and that I could take on the track (the M was too nice!). I am also the NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director. Before racing God's Chariot, I ran Spec Miata and before that GTS3 in an E36 M3 (ran out of cubic dollars to run that class). I've been on track in VWs (Corrados) and BMWs since 2000 (but my first taste of it came in a Bondurant Mustang!)

The New Car: As I said, I wanted something I could take on track for instructor weekends and other cheap forms of track time. Of course I considered a newer M (E46 or E90), but I've had an itch to scratch for awhile and, with the help of this forum, just picked up a 2014 GT with the only two options a guy needs--Trak Pak and Recaros. Black, of course, cause I like my cars to shine for only 30 min after I spend all weekend detailing them. The car I would have ordered from Ford just happened to be in MI and my local dealer snapped it up for me!

The Plan: get used to this power and stick rearend. Figure out what the car needs to be competent on track without sacrificing street. Go drive my bucket list tracks!

Looking forward to all the sage advice on here. Hope to meet some of you midwest guys along the way!

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Great, just we need...some guy who races BMW's here with us 'Merica folks.
Who in their right mind would even spend money on that kraut stuff?
You a special kinda stupid, aintcha son?

Buwhahahaha :-*

Welcome, 8) Hope you enjoy your new car, Might take to calling it Satan's chariot . I've been driving my 88 fox GT since the day it was new and picked up a Boss a few months back. Just when you think you are in control they can rear up and try to bite the hand that feeds them but they are fun never the less

Marco

proud owner since Friday 30th August
Hey Guys

I am from Switzerland and since Friday August 30th proud owner of a Boss 302 LS #207 Schoolbus Yellow

I am in love with this car and heading to go to the racetrack soon 8) 8)

Marco said:
Hey Guys

I am from Switzerland and since Friday August 30th proud owner of a Boss 302 LS #207 Schoolbus Yellow

Congratulations and welcome to BMO. We have a few members that live in Europe and at least one other in Switzerland. Have fun with your Boss.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Marco said:
Hey Guys

Congrats on your new Boss and you got the right color ! ;D

Marco said:
Hey Guys

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Where are you from Switzerland? I'm from Corban, Jura but currently living in Indianapolis 8)

Also where do you plan to go to the racetrack since is illegal in Switzerland? :mad: :mad:

Marco

proud owner since Friday 30th August
Swiss Boss said:
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Where are you from Switzerland? I'm from Corban, Jura but currently living in Indianapolis 8)

Also where do you plan to go to the racetrack since is illegal in Switzerland? :mad: :mad:

I am from Horgen (Zurich) that's nice Not in Switzerland :D will go to Hockenheim Germany we don't have Racetracks here :'( :'(

I am planning to install Some Discs for the Sidepipes do you know where i can get them exactly?

TMO Supporting Vendors